style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

question on removal of car by baliffs

if it was to prove that removing a car would cause hardship on the person such as living in the country no bus service to work possible loss of employment to both husband and wife children too costly to pay for taxi could you appeal against the removal of car

this is just a question it has not happened just wondering in the back of my mind

no its a hypothetical question I think?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't think they would consider consequences of removing a car, unless the car was directly used to earn money or there was a safety issue E.g you were a maintenance engineer or a Doctor needing the car to visit clients. Or you suffered ill health so the car was only way to get to medical appointments. But of course proof would be needed.

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks for that unclebulgaria the reason i was asking was my friend who is **** scared that baliffs might come to remove his car as he has acouple of ccj and he cant afford to pay them he lives in the country no bus service or very limited and his wife works 10miles away and he gets a lift as well

anyway thanks

question on removal of car by baliffs

if it was to prove that removing a car would cause hardship on the person such as living in the country no bus service to work possible loss of employment to both husband and wife children too costly to pay for taxi could you appeal against the removal of car

this is just a question it has not happened just wondering in the back of my mind

It really does depend on the value of the vehicle. Exemption does apply in a lot of cases (a student requiring a vehicle for university being just one example). However.....and this is the crucial point....any exemption will only apply if the value of the vehicle is below £1,350.

This low value can hinder many individuals (builders, electricians, minicab operators ) etc but it was put in place to mirror the bankruptcy exemptions under the Insolvency Act.

thanks for that unclebulgaria the reason i was asking was my friend who is **** scared that baliffs might come to remove his car as he has acouple of ccj and he cant afford to pay them he lives in the country no bus service or very limited and his wife works 10miles away and he gets a lift as well

anyway thanks

They would probably clamp the car rather than remove it to ramp up pressure to pay, especially if it's value wouldn't clear their fees and a couple of quid of the debt. Of course they are too concerned with enforcing for the debt to see that no car = no work means no money to pay them, especially in your friends situation. I don't think they would be unreasonable though so may leave a car alone where there is no viable alternative to get to work.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

When it come to seizing a motor vehicle, a great deal depends on which type of bailiffs are enforcing the debt. For example, a county court bailiff enforcing a County Court judgment approaches seizure in a completely different way.

By way of example, about 10 days ago, I posted on the forum (see link below) about an enquiry that I had received from a creditor. She had secured a judgment and the county court bailiff clamped a vehicle belonging to the debtor. The creditor then received a letter from the County Court seeking a payment from the creditor of £400. This payment was to cover any claims made from the debtor that the vehicle should be 'exempt'. In this particular case, the creditor chose not to make the indemnity payment and the vehicle was released and the warrant withdrawn.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?469043-I-need-to-hire-Bailiffs-but-who-near-Birmingham&p=4946416&viewfull=1#post4946416

PS: I should also mention that in some high value High Court cases, creditors are known to pay an 'indemnity' fee.