Crs DCA and golds gym 'debt'

nizito
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Niz,

Can you look back through your bank statements to see if you have paid 12 or more monthly fees up to and including the one paid on 1st March. Let us know as this is crucial to your case.

In your circumstances, because you gave notice on 29th Feb and you DID pay a further fee (on 1st March), I think you owe nothing more. But this is only IF you've now paid a total of 12 or more payments.

As a guide for the future, for a gym or any other m/ship, have a look here about how to cancel properly and avoid problems - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!(1-Viewing)-nbsp

;-)

Hi slick132 i found out about the dates. So i joined gym on 31 of march 2015 and gave notice on 29 january 2016 the last final payment was on 1 of march 2016 but i dibt let them get it. When i joined the gym i dint pay for april. They said the 1 payment gona be on 1 of may 2015 and it was.. I think april was for free as there was promotion at the time.

Nizito :)

Hi Niz,

I assume above you meant to say 29th Feb where you said 29th January. Please confirm which.

Unless you know for sure if it was an 11 or a 12 month agreement, we really can't advise accurately. The free month of April 2015 may also confuse the issue.

So for now, I suggest you send the letter as suggested earlier and include the points in post #19.

Then wait for Harlands reply to the letter and ignore anything else from Harlands/CRS.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132 the correct dates is join on 31march 2015. On 12 month contract. I gave notice on 29 january 2016 not feb sorry its my mistake. Last final payment was on 1 of march 2016. The first DD was taken on 1 of may 2015. But aprill 2015 i am pretty sure was free they had promotion at the time when you join 1 month free. :)

Ok so 11 payments were due from 1st May 2015 up to 1st March 2016 inclusive bu the final payment due on 1st March wasn't made.

So send the letter to Harlands as per my suggestion in post #28 and keep the free Certificate of Posting safely.

Let us know how Harlands reply to the letter.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Ok so 11 payments were due from 1st May 2015 up to 1st March 2016 inclusive bu the final payment due on 1st March wasn't made.

So send the letter to Harlands as per my suggestion in post #28 and keep the free Certificate of Posting safely.

Let us know how Harlands reply to the letter.

yep 1 of march 2016 payment wasnt made. I owe only 35 £. I sent the letter. wil see what they gona reply. :) thank very much :) slick132

Hi guys iv just received letter from Harlands saying:

We are in receipt of your letters received at Harlands on 19th and 20th september 2016.

We have carried out a complete search of our system based on the information detailed in your letter.,but we unfortenately we are unable to locate your membership account.

Would you provide us with the folowing information:

Full name

Date of birth

The full name of the gym you singned up

Full adress at the time taking out the membership

Email adress at the time taking out the membership

Harlands unique reference number .

Very strange in my latteer says my name and the gym.

:))))

Hi Niz,

Reply giving your name, address, Golds Gym and location, and Harlands ref. no. if you have it.

They've probably use a template letter.

Ok. Ignore anything from Harlands/CRS until they reply specifically to your letter(s).

• 2 weeks later...

No

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Niz,

No change from the advice I gave you in my post above.

It's up to Harlands to reply properly to your letter(s) and, until they do, you need do nothing more.

Hi Niz,

Remember, Harlands and CRS are the same operation.

Ignore any contact from CRS for now and wait to see if Harlands actually reply properly to your letters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi slick123 I finally received letter from crs they giving me 10 days to pay the money or they will put me in legal action. I start to worry it seems like they will not let me go without paying:((((((

Hi Niz,

Remember, Harlands and CRS are the same operation.

Ignore any contact from CRS for now and wait to see if Harlands actually reply properly to your letters.

Hi slick 123 i received today finally letter from this parasites CRS they giving me 10 days to reply and pay or will start legal action agains me in the court. I start to worry it seema they will not let me go without paying. :((((((

Hi Niz,

I would continue to ignore CRS, who are really Halands in disguise.

CRS will do nothing at all.

They're saying were we to be successful on our claim or if you ignore the claim a County Court CcJ may be regiatered agains you requring you to make the payment.

If you then fail to pay the amount covered by CCJ we will take the next step required to enforce the jugment.

To do this we will have to make an application to Court.

You account will be passed to another Collection agency who will take futher action to recover the owned monies.

Also they text me calling me is start to be really stressful. :(((((

READ THE LETTER PROPERLY

it does NOT say WILL anywhere.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Niz, If you research this forum, you'd find there was just 1 court case taken by Harlands/CRS in the past several years and that claim was withdrawn after the solicitors made a a hash of it.

Harlands/CRS, Zinc and Spratt Endicott make these threats ALL the time but they do NOT take the action threatened.

This is because they know they do NOT have good grounds to go to court and they are likely to lose any case that is reasonably defended.

If you don't like them calling and/or texting you, send them the Harassment Letter from the Debt Collection Forum.

There is simply no reason to be stressed by these fools !!

Niz, If you research this forum, you'd find there was just 1 court case taken by Harlands/CRS in the past several years and that claim was withdrawn after the solicitors made a a hash of it.

Harlands/CRS, Zinc and Spratt Endicott make these threats ALL the time but they do NOT take the action threatened.

This is because they know they do NOT have good grounds to go to court and they are likely to lose any case that is reasonably defended.

If you don't like them calling and/or texting you, send them the Harassment Letter from the Debt Collection Forum.

There is simply no reason to be stressed by these fools !!

hi slick thank you for you help. So i will.ignore them for now? :)

Sorry too many question but its because i am first time in such situation. :)))) just dont want to damage my credit reiting. :)

Can't show on credit file

and they

Hi dx yes you are right sorry:)) the letteer stressed me out when i read it first time :)

That's why they write them the way they do

No dca has any legal powers whatsoever and never can have

They Are not bailiffs!!

All they can ever do is threaten ...end of

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

today received another one letter from CRS saying:

we must therefore give a notice that falling to reply to this letter with next 10 days will result in your account balance being passed to Zinc group:)))))

we are still happy to listen to your reasins for not paying and will do whatever we can to reach an acceptable resolution for both parties. :)