Scottish Power Huge Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We were in debit with Scottish Power for almost 2 years but had been paying an agreed amount each month by direct debit.

Meter reader comes on 27th August and reads meter. Yesterday we received an email saying as per our preferences they were refunding £800 into our bank account :jaw:

On looking at our account it seems there is a huge credit each month and our payments were pushing the credit higher. I can only go back 18 months online but just couldnt understand why the account was now in credit.

Then the penny dropped the meter reader has read the meter wrong. What he read and put down is wait for it 20000 thingeys less than what the meter says.

So instead of 91938 he has put down 71938. I think it can stay in the bank account for a bit before they come knocking on the door. My account online also states 0 for direct debit payments.

Makes a change that they are at fault trying to take a screen shot before they realise it is incorrect. They can only blame the meter reader and not me.

We were in debit with Scottish Power for almost 2 years but had been paying an agreed amount each month by direct debit.

Meter reader comes on 27th August and reads meter. Yesterday we received an email saying as per our preferences they were refunding £800 into our bank account :jaw:

On looking at our account it seems there is a huge credit each month and our payments were pushing the credit higher. I can only go back 18 months online but just couldnt understand why the account was now in credit.

Then the penny dropped the meter reader has read the meter wrong. What he read and put down is wait for it 20000 thingeys less than what the meter says.

So instead of 91938 he has put down 71938. I think it can stay in the bank account for a bit before they come knocking on the door. My account online also states 0 for direct debit payments.

Makes a change that they are at fault trying to take a screen shot before they realise it is incorrect. They can only blame the meter reader and not me.

If you need £800 for a short period, then yes i can see the point of not advising them. Just hope there is no increase to tariff before next actual reading. Do they read the meter every time or only do an estimated bill at certain points ? With my energy suppliers, in a year, they do 2 actual readings and 2 estimated bills.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I know they will want it back and will probably increase the monthly direct debit. They read the meter back in February. Just checked again and it is saying my new direct debit will be £10 (wishful thinking on my part).

I suspect they wont contact me until the next meter read when all hell will break loose. Picture the scenario they read meter it comes back that I have used probably about £2000 worth of energy (they have their suspicions of why the electricity is so high) they then contact the police who burst through our door looking for a cannabis farm as we were stupid enough not to bypass the electricity.