EE extra charges - misleading?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with EE for two years and no problem. But recently upgraded to an IPhone form my Samsung Galaxy.

All seemed well, until I started checking my online EE bill;

there were 5 charges @ £1.25 every Monday which amounted to £6.25 - I had no idea what these extra charges related to and I had not authorised same. My contract was a fixed price contract for 2 years payable monthly.

So, I had to complain via the EE online chat to ascertain exactly what these extra charges were for; I had no idea?!

Eventually, I found out after about an hour and a half that the charges were for Digital charge; whatever that is, relating to a third party firm: BGames. But I never play games and had not downloaded any app. I checked the online EE community to discover that I am not alone so many people are being overcharged!

EE have been billing these charges to their customers without informing them. Furthermore, suggesting that I and other EE customer(s) contact the the third party firm in order to reclaim these charges; passing the buck...

No, I was not prepared to take that route as in my view this is a [problem]!

After much debate the online chat person said that they would refund the charges, that is after I suggested that I had been misled by EE and it was EE who had passed my number to this Digital games firms; a DPA breach.

Whether, EE actually will refund the charges remains to be seen but I will be checking my EE bill diligently.

I have been with EE for two years and no problem. But recently upgraded to an IPhone form my Samsung Galaxy.

All seemed well, until I started checking my online EE bill;

there were 5 charges @ £1.25 every Monday which amounted to £6.25 - I had no idea what these extra charges related to and I had not authorised same. My contract was a fixed price contract for 2 years payable monthly.

So, I had to complain via the EE online chat to ascertain exactly what these extra charges were for; I had no idea?!

Eventually, I found out after about an hour and a half that the charges were for Digital charge; whatever that is, relating to a third party firm: BGames. But I never play games and had not downloaded any app. I checked the online EE community to discover that I am not alone so many people are being overcharged!

EE have been billing these charges to their customers without informing them. Furthermore, suggesting that I and other EE customer(s) contact the the third party firm in order to reclaim these charges; passing the buck...

No, I was not prepared to take that route as in my view this is a [problem]!

After much debate the online chat person said that they would refund the charges, that is after I suggested that I had been misled by EE and it was EE who had passed my number to this Digital games firms; a DPA breach.

Whether, EE actually will refund the charges remains to be seen but I will be checking my EE bill diligently.