Terravision small claims court

matboo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone taken Terravision the coach company to the small claims court?

I booked a 14:40 bus to the airport which arrives at 15:30.

Around 14:55 we were informed the coach was going to be 55 minutes late by someone from Terravision who also said the whole service today was running 30/40 mins late.

No text message, no email, no phone call, no notice in the bus depot to inform of delays.

Had no alternative but to book a taxi for £80.

I followed Terravisions complaint policy which was to email them 30 days after the purchase date, I received no reply and emailed a further four times.

So my complaint was sent 11 January 2016!!!

I have no alternative but to take them to the small claims court, they wont reply to their specified complaint procedure.

Under Passenger rights regulation EU 2011 it seems I can get something back ?

What do their T&C say ? I suspect that they could argue that they are not responsible for delays caused by traffic, etc

If a train, you would only get a 50% refund of one half of the ticket price.

Has anyone taken Terravision the coach company to the small claims court?

I booked a 14:40 bus to the airport which arrives at 15:30.

Around 14:55 we were informed the coach was going to be 55 minutes late by someone from Terravision who also said the whole service today was running 30/40 mins late.

No text message, no email, no phone call, no notice in the bus depot to inform of delays.

Had no alternative but to book a taxi for £80.

I followed Terravisions complaint policy which was to email them 30 days after the purchase date, I received no reply and emailed a further four times.

So my complaint was sent 11 January 2016!!!

I have no alternative but to take them to the small claims court, they wont reply to their specified complaint procedure.

Under Passenger rights regulation EU 2011 it seems I can get something back ?

38. Limitation of Liability for Breach of Contract Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these terms, the Company’s liability for any failure on its part to carry the passenger to the destination shown on the ticket shall be limited to reimbursing the passenger for the reasonable cost of alternative travel to such destination by public transport and the passenger shall be reimbursed on submission by registered post or electronic means to the Company’s office at ComfortDelGro House, 329 Edgware Road, Cricklewood, London NW2 6JP, United Kingdom of the appropriate receipt or other voucher for the cost of such travel, together with their original Stansted Citylink ticket. In particular, but without prejudice to the above paragraph, the Company shall have no liability for any consequential losses of the passenger as a result of failure by the Company to fulfil its obligations for example but without limitation, passengers missing flights or other onward connections.

Fairly conclusive for a business contracting with Terravision.

For a consumer, it would depend if this term was 'reasonab;e', as if not 'reasonable' then it would be voidable as an unfair contract term.

The taxi fare (which isn't "public transport" would be a consequential loss, and excluded if the exclusion / limitation term stands.