TSB Default Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have become disabled and as such my income dropped from about 70k a year to 40k over the past couple of years, I had various periods of 6 months of work with no income due to my disability and i had been diagnosed with Depression and ADHD.

I contacted Stepchange and have a case number, and it suggested with IVA or Bankruptcy.

My overall debts are over 40k

I am trying to put in place a DMP with my creditors as an interim measure for 12 months to see if I can improve my income level.

I contacted TSB on 25th July and spoke a representative (i took details of the call) on the telephone to explain the situation and they agreed not to send me anything for 30 days, I sent the letter to the collections address with a financial statement, history statement and offer to pay TSB an an amount that would cover the interest on a personal loan that is currently just over 3k. I have paid back over 4k on the original loan.

I received a letter dated 2nd August on Saturday registering the debt as a default as I have missed two payments, what do I do now? I thought that TSB would give me an opportunity to use the DMP as a short term solution without registering a default.

What are my options, thanks for everyones help.

You'll get lots of those sadly

And if you DMP or iva or bk

That will be there for 6yrs as well as a default on each debt

The day it starts

So early defaults are actually to you an advantage!!

Can you list your debts and who you pay?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...