Please advise me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am taking a deep breath because I've always adopted the Ostrich approach to dealing with my debts and as that didn't work too well I am trying facing them instead.

A few years back my marriage dissolved and I was left with the majority share of the financial burden from that marriage.

When the house was sold I cleared the majority of debt as far as I was aware and got on with things accepting that my credit rating was poor.

I am now happily remarried and my husband has no debt and pays everything on time.

I expected my credit rating to have hugely improved however last night I did a credit check with Credit Expert and found numerous things on my file.

A couple of missed payments for two lots of mobile bills with Hutchinson 3 that are showing as default (dates of default 2011 and 2013),

a Lowel finance default in 2011 (I suspect the Lowel one and one of the Hutchinson 3 ones are the same item)

and a T mobile (default 2010)

and a Cap One (default 2010)

These are not huge amounts and even though they are defaulted I could pay them now but reading around would it benefit me to do so?

As I understand it once an account is defaulted it will come off my file in 6 years?

If I phone up and pay these amounts will it make things better or just stay the same?

I also got a CCJ in 2011 but after the CCJ was passed I actually paid the full amount of that so I had hoped that would be gone now.

Some of the defaults are marked as 'Satisfied' and some 'Settled'. I don't know what the difference of these means.

Impulse says to pay off the small debts but if it doesn't actually change my rating what's the point?

One of them is Hutchinson telecom (3). If I pay it would they remove the default?

Is time the only great healer of my credit rating? :!:

I feel pretty hacked off that I ended up with ALL of the debt of that marriage and worked so hard to pay it off and I'm the one that ends up with a still rubbish credit rating while my ex husband enjoys a flawless one :-x

the default and the whole account will vanish on its 6th birthday

waste of money paying anything off.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope. Hard;y any difference at all. And if the debts been sold, then you need to do some homework

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Typical of Lowlifes to pick the mobile phone debt up.

Absolutely no benefit in paying powerless DCA's at all.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So it's a case of waiting it out then

What about the CCJ?

That was through HSBC for a loan and I banked with them at the time.

I also had my joint mortgage with them too.

We were waiting on the house sale so I could pay the loan off in full

but a catalogue of disasters meant that the house finally completed pretty much the same time the CCJ happened so I paid it as soon as I physically had the money.

It was for a few thousand (and it wasn't just my debt...) but as soon as I could pay it I did so it's frustrating to see it still there on my file. It will 2017 when that finishes.

Could that be removed or do I just need to do my time on it?

unless you paid it within 28days of the judgement no dice sadly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the reply Dx!

That's what I feared you'd say!

Does it 'look' better if it is Settled? (what is the difference between settled and satisfied by the way?)

Sticky in the CRA Thread should clear this up for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?460629-Settled-Or-Satisfied-That-Is-The-Question...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ok found a letter from DG Solicitors (which is I believe, HSBC)

It is a letter stating that they confim payment of the debt on 22 Feb 2011 and the judgment date is 12 Jan 2011 and that the debt is satisfied.

10 days over. They won't remove it will they? :|