UKPC PCN - Coatbridge scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, yesterday I was issued with a PCN for parking in a disabled space without clearly displaying a disabled badge. I have a disabled badge but it had slid from the dashboard to down the side of the dashboard. I was distracted when parking and had realised it had slid down the side.

I have read lots of threads on here and am totally confused. Should I hold my hands up and admit it wsnt displayed clearly or defend the claim. My nissan note has a small side window that would have shown the badge had slipped down the side but I doubt this is clearly displayed. The disabled bat was clearly marked with signage etc. This was at Faraday Retail Park Coatbridge ML5 3SQ.

Many thanks for your advise

Hi,

I notice this site is in Scotland. Are you a local? (please say you live in Scotland)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

OK, you WAIT until they send a NTK through the post. They are obliged to do this between 29 and 56 days after the event and if that letter arrives within the correct time you then tell the parking co to **** off as the POFA doesnt apply to Scotland. The reason you wait? To make sure that the driver at the time isnt identified. Parking in disabled spaces in Scotland is covered by its own laws but they are nothing to do with paying a bunch of bandits money they dont deserve. If you write to them before they have contacted the keeper it could be reasonably assumed that the 2 are the same. It also forces the parking co to waste money and effort on nothing.

If the driver is identified (not sure how though?) then as the 14 days has lapsed, the penalty will increase from £40 to £80. I know the laws in Scotland are different and there is no POPLA up here for appeals. I am more worried about a bad credit score mark that someone else had mentioned being found on their credit score. Thank you

THERE IS NO PENALTY. there is no POPLA in Scotland because they POFA doesnt apply to Scotland and these bandits cant claim keeper liability for any parking event there and there is no such thing as trespass either so they are stuck unless you want to admit that you owe them some money, promise to pay it and them dont.

You do not and cannot owe any money to these bandits unless you react to this ticket and identify the driver. No one has ever had a parking debt on their credit score, it is not possible. What may be possible is the parking co sued for breach of contract, they didnt file a defence to the claim and so lost and then didnt pay the amount owed in the time allowed. that would get you a black mark.

As you arent paying the discount period is totally irrelevant and only offered becuase that way someone may be tempted to pay them. They dont care about the lawfulness of their cvlaim, they are greedy and rely on lies threats and innuendo to earn a dishonest crust.

Ultimately, he choice is yours- accept the advice here is correct and wait for these cowboys to amke the next move (and them complain to the DVLA about the misuse of the KADOE system to get your keeper details without good reason) or pay up in the belief that an unnamed someone somewhere unknown once had a bad mark place on their credit score and they were then so bothered by this they didnt sue the pants off the company that did it and that may apply to you, who lives in a country where the law that allegedly enabled this to happen doesnt apply..

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Thank you for your reply. I will sit back and see what junk comes through the post. I am not a dishonest person so felt quite sick when this happened, being a genuine disabled person with a genuine disabled badge.

Ericsbrother has this spot on. It is purely an invoice, not a penalty and as such the ONLY way to get a penny out of you is to take court action AND win. They will assume that you as the keeper was also the driver and try that but if you don't engage with them, how can they say for sure. Going to court based on pure speculation is dangerous territory for them so thy don't try it on in Scotland.

I would ignore them and any pet debt collector they set on you. They can do bu**er all!

• Confused 1

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

just let us know if they do send a NTK through the post within the specified time and we will then tell you how to word your foff letter. Until then just keep the ticket in a safe place.

Sorry for replying late. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
just let us know if they do send a NTK through the post within the specified time and we will then tell you how to word your foff letter. Until then just keep the ticket in a safe place.

Hi well today NTK letter dated 26/08/16 for the ticket dated 27/07/16 requesting £80. I am going away tomorrow so do I just continue to ignore ? I live in Glasgow and the ticket was issued nearby in a retail park in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire Scotland. Thank you for any further advice.

You can ignore for ever

but the point about this is the parking co has no right to request your keeper details

so when you get back from holiday we will suggest that a complaint to the DVLA for selling your details without good reason will be in the offing.

The DVLA will say that the parking co told them they had a reason and then you make a formal complaint to the DVLA and also the ICO.

None of this will get you any satisfaction but if enough people kick up a stink the parking co will be banned from getting people's details and the ICO will eventually make a public report on the goings on and parliament will have to revisit the law as it will have been shown that there is abuse by these parking co's.

We would also like to see the NTK as the wording will be interesting to read bearing in mind the lack of your liability and their authority.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I received Final Reminder on 12/09/16 and now I have received a letter from DRP

- Debt Recovery Plus Ltd dated 28/09/2016 requesting £140 to be paid by 12/10/16.

It states the driver is the person liable but liability can be transferred to the registered keeper....blah blah......

..if we don't hear from you , we'll take this to mean you agree you're liable for it.

Then blah blah.............if you don't settle we'll recommend to our client that they take action against you.

Then final para is reminder about Supreme Court decision about parking charges.....in November 2015.

The print on the NTK letter and Final Reminder is very very small print so I don't think I can scan it to be readable.

ignore!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

- Debt Recovery Plus Ltd dated 28/09/2016 requesting £140 to be paid by 12/10/16.

It states the driver is the person liable but liability can be transferred to the registered keeper....blah blah......

..if we don't hear from you , we'll take this to mean you agree you're liable for it.

Then blah blah.............if you don't settle we'll recommend to our client that they take action against you.

Then final para is reminder about Supreme Court decision about parking charges.....in November 2015.

The print on the NTK letter and Final Reminder is very very small print so I don't think I can scan it to be readable.

They never learn do they!

ignore!!

Correct!

what part of IGNORE is not clear?

Hi