Older cars to face super-charge in London

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There's new plans afoot regarding the environment, which could see older cars and vehicles that cause more pollution to be charged a lot more to drive in London.

The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has spoken about plans to charge vehicles that cause the most pollution £10 per day if they want to drive in the centre of London, in a bid to extend an "ultra low emissions zone".

The new plans are looking at a charge', which would apply to vehicles - petrol or diesel - which have pre-Euro 4 emission standards. In short, that effectively means cars that are registered before 2005.

If you're thinking 'well, I don't live in London, so why should I care?' - well, there's a chance that this could extend beyond the capital.

http://www.bitterwallet.com/motoring/older-cars-to-face-super-charge-in-london-92577

I can see them sitting down at a table with their coffee and saying "we need more money, how can we rip-off the motorist even more".

That is part of it. I have heard from parents, grandparent living in London years ago, that London was so bad with fumes from coal fires etc, that you could not see very far down the road on some days. I can't see that Londons current air quality is causing any more deaths from breathing problems per % of the population, than it did say 40, 50, 60 years ago.

But very old cars do emit a lot of bad fumes. Locally i have a few historic car collectors who use them regularly during the summer for weddings, festivals etc. When you walk anywhere near them when they are running, the smell is horrendous.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread