UKPC bullies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For many years I have parked in my company designated car space, which I pay for, and my UKPC permit stays on display inside my dashboard.

In May I found a UKPC penalty charge ticket on my windscreen saying my permit was not properly displayed.

Going online to their website their photos show the UKPC permit visible but the bottom part is hidden by the dashboard.

I immediately appealed online and asked them to send me dates of all times they had been to the car park in 2016 as this would show I am (and therefore this was evidence proving I am validly parked).

As requested by them I have sent them a copy of my permit and three letters, including invoices for my costs in dealing with them.

They have completely ignored my requests for information and last week told me they did not accept my appeal and if I appeal to POPLA early payment discount no longer applies and I would have to pay £100.

I am being bullied to pay a lower fine but because this is such a blatant attempt to extract a fine when no offence has occurred I have now submitted my appeal to POPLA. if I lose that appeal I will lose all faith in justice.

UKPC advised me they do not have a legal contract with me in relation to my charging them but I feel they should compensate me for time wasted and costs incurred.

On my original appeal I told them I would charge them for future correspondence and they did not dispute this or my invoices until 6 weeks later.

Is there any way to get them to provide the evidence I requested and to force them to pay for their immoral actions?

UK PC Photos online May 16.pdf

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

We have other threads about parking companies trying to charge for badly displayed or missing permits, it's worth having a read around this forum for similar cases.

My feeling is that you won't have to pay the money, but I can't remember anyone getting compensation. Please bear with us until the forum experts can get here with advice for you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It not a fine. Its a speculative invoice.

UKPC have no authority if it is your employers car park.

As for costs etc, you deal with that in court ( which will likely never happen).

If UKPC persist in chasing you, get your employer to call them off. You also should NOT be paying for the priviledge to park in your employers car park.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the responses

I'm only paying to park because I own the company who get invoiced for monthly parking from owner of the building and carpark.

Tony

So you pay the landowner direct?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

well, the simple answer is dont pay them as they havent got a reason for claiming the money from you.

As you pay for the parking with your buildings rent you have what is called supremacy of contract and what you should do is to complain to your landlord about their harassment

and let the LL know that you are justified in suing UKPC and the LL for harassment and suggest the LL tells UKPC to desist their stupidity before the costs of stopping this run into the thousands.

See Davey v UKPC and let the LL know about this case since they are hiring incompetents to ruin their reputation

Yes it is serviced offices with numerous companies and allocated spaces. If everything goes against me I will deduct fine from rent but I don't want to give UKPC satisfaction of getting money when permit was on display

NOOOO do not deduct the charge form the rent as you will be in breach of your contract.

As it stands you have all the aces.

The LL is currently allowing these bandits to harass you and you ahve a reason to sue the LL for harassment, breach of contract etc

wheras is if you deduct from rent you lose that right and are open to being sued yourself.

Best make LL sweat and tell the bandits to cease their actions, they employ them so they can shovel up the crpa afterwards

Please

Go read things again

Nowhere do they use the word 'penalty'

Nowhere do they use the word 'fine'

Its a speculative invoice

Follow EB's advise above

You have and are being 'had' as a fool'

Don't fall for it

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

UKPC cant touch you if you pay the landowner. Supremacy of contract overrules whatever silly contract UKPC claim to have.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you,even though I have submitted a POPLA appeal I got another letter from UKPC confirming their rejection of my appeal was final and 'UKPC regularly takes motorists to court who ignore parking charges'.

As you recommended I have already spoken to Landlord of the harassment and case of Davey vs UKPC and he confirmed UKPC had no legal right over the parking charge. Armed with this information I have just notified UKPC of the supremacy of contract with the Landlord, their illegal action and harassment and that I expect my costs to be recovered as occurred in Davey vs UKPC.

11 days after my appeal they still haven't provided evidence to POPLA.

Thanks to all your valuable advise I hope they will finally realise they have been rumbled but only time will tell.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

they take them to court... rarely. But they never win a defended case

Ignore ukpc now. They make massive mistakes on every single ticket they issue. No exceptions.

UKPC tend to lose very badly when they try court so it makes me wonder why they dont learn from it.

There is another thread here where they are suing someone using their own space so they are again doomed to fail.

However, I would think very carefully about starting an action against them at this stage,

let them do their worst and then go after them.

wait until your POPLA appeal has gone through and then see what they intend to do.

If POPLA find in your favour then you should complain to the BPA about UKPC

and their contempt of their bosses wishes and their failure to consider your appeal to them properly

and ask the BPA what they are going to do about their members continued harassment and trespass

when they have been told to desist.

The BPA claim that UKPC are on a final warning so it will be interesting to see if they do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

they wont as there is no obligation to do so. Same law of contract applies to your invoice as to theirs.

Make a formal complaint and ask that since UKPC have been on a final worning for ever what do they have to do to get sanctioned by the bPA?

As Eric says. Don't bother.