Online retailer not offering a refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend bought some hair extensions online but the colour did not match. They were sent back and a replacement was issued. However this was unsuitable also.

The retailer quite clearly states on their website that refunds cannot be offered only a credit note. As they have nothing suitable as a replacement where does that leave my girlfriend? The replacement item by the way is unopened.

I called on the retailer in person but they refused to make a refund.

Who is the retailer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Also you have a statutory right under law to a refund if the item is faulty. The question is, is the item faulty, or did you simply guess the correct colour and it didnt match.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They have to refund in order to give you the opportunity to inspect the goods as it was an online transaction.

Unless these extensions are custom made just for your gf, in which case no refund.

If I remember correctly the postal return expenses are the consumer responsibility, while the initial postage must be refunded along with the items you bought.

Look online at distance selling regulations.

New act in force now but essentially the same rules.

In answer to both replies:

1. The retailer is a company called Lullabellz, based in Manchester.

2. They offer a colour matching service. The first ones didn't match and neither did the replacement. Items are not faulty just unsuitable and it's difficult to find an exact match from the images they have on their website.

By the way the exact same products are available elsewhere, in particular various market stalls across the country for less than half the price Lullabellz charge and furthermore it is much easier to find a suitable colour match in person.

If they performed the colour match and they came to you unsuitable, then the law is clear. You get a refund.

Thanks Renegadeimp for the advice. Which act do I quote in my email and letter to Lullabellz please? I will need to appear like I know what I am talking about with this outfit.