PIP awarded?

Past caring
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband applied for the changeover to PIP 2 months ago and has been waiting for a decision since. Today we have received a letter from the council concerning housing benefit, stating that 'your PIP Daily Living Component/Mobility component has been awarded'. We still haven't heard anything from DWP and my husband has extreme anxiety issues and does not want to phone and chase them. He has hardly slept since all of this has been going on and I just want closure now but he can't bring himself to do it.

My question is does anyone have experience of this, and does the particular wording suggest that it is standard award rather than enhanced.

Many thanks

He previously had middle rate care and high rate mobility for life. There is no breakdown of the costs and benefits etc, just notice of Housing benefit and council tax benefit awards, neither of which are changing from what they have always been. Then the letter says:

'Full details of the information that has been provided to us by the DWP can be found below:

Your PIP Daily Living Component has been awarded

Your PIP Mobility Component has been awarded.'