Aaz vs First Direct

Aaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Originally posted in the HSBC section -sorry.

F.D statements all received and they even returned the £10 cheque, now going through them, so far up to £800.00 in charges.

Not sure whether to list the interest though, I have read a few posts and it appears to be a minefield, afterall I did sign their contract and if I used the overdraught then surely I must accept that they will charge me for it?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of the schedule of charges spreadsheet, been looking for ages but cant find it?

Thanks

Great site, really helpful

You can claim interest on the charges, but not all the interest... working out how much that is can be difficult!

The spreadsheets are found here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

After sending the prelim letter asking the charges to be refunded, i have now received their 'without prejudice' letter, which seems to be a std letter by the posts in the forums.

they are offering £655.00 against my original claim, do i now send the rejection of settlement with an additional 14days notice or does it continue from the 14days as per the date of the initial prelim letter?

thanks in advance

Personally, I would wait until 14 days from the original letter, then send the LBA mentioning your will accept £655 as partial settlement and pursue the rest. Some people seem to do it straight away, but I think it's fairer this way.

___

Thanks Androobe

Do you mean, dont do anything until my 14 days is up, then send my rejection of settlement ? On their letter offering me £655 it states the offer will remain in place for 10 working days.

Also, when i send my letter of rejection do i sign and return their offer of £655 slip and cross out the full and final settlement?

Thanks again

I just waited 14 days then sent the LBA, with the paragraph adding that I accept the amount as partial settlement only blah blah. Don't worry about their 10 working day offer, as you will be asking for more money it's not really relevant - and from experience FD don't send out partial settlements anyway... and I can't imagine them ever reducing the offer after an LBA!

Some people send LBA as soon as they get a reply, but if by remote chance it ever got to court, you could at least show you were completely fair and stuck to your original timescales if you allowed them 14 days (you never know, they might improve their offer before!!).

___