Persistent offenders and PCN's... News

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Persistent offenders and PCN's... News! Parking fine evaders to have cars impounded! OUCH

A news story from my local paper yesterday (16/06/2016)! >> http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/14557958.Parking_fine_evaders_to_have_cars_impounded/

'SCOFFLAWS who serially evade parking fines now risk having their cars towed and impounded under a council crackdown.'

'Government legislation, which the council is now taking advantage of, allows the authority to issue a further PSN and arrange for the car to be removed to a secure pound where the owner will have to pay a £105 removal fee and £12-day storage charge.

Transport councillor Tony Cox said the policy will eventually be extended to include cars driving dangerously or causing an obstruction.'

'Other authorities to make use of the legislation include Birmingham City Council, Manchester City Council, and London boroughs such as Brent, Hounslow, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Camden'.

Question time: Will this allow my LA to :-

(A) Continue with the enforcement for the outstanding debt and

(B) Add the enforcement fees (TCE) then

© Add to (B) further new fees of £105 and the £12 storage fee to the debt if they also seize the vehicle of the persistent evader

(D) How could this affect other LA's if they take the same stance as my LA

My reading of this is: If a PCN is sent for enforcement via the TEC the LA can charge the normal fees regarding this debt (£75/£235) Then if the LA find the vehicle wherever, they can now seize this vehicle and add a further £105 + £12 a day storage as well as the normal enforcement procedure...

Not sure what a PSN is?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

This form of enforcement has been around for many years and is fairly common in many London Boroughs.

It was set up to tackle the problem of unregistered 'disposable' vehicles. Many local authorities don't bother taking advantage of the legislation permitting this form of enforcement for the simple reason that in most cases, the vehicle in question is not worth the cost of removal and local authorities would therefore be unable to recoup their removal and storage fees.

I had an enquiry last week on this exact subject. The individuals car is worth just £120 and he was 37 outstanding PCN's.

Whenever I read this misnomer - 'Persistent Evaders' - I am always left with the same question - persistent evaders of what exactly?

A PCN is no more than an allegation - it even states on it that the person who issued it 'believes' that a contravention has taken place. Believes? Since when has that been proof of guilt?

Being a 'persistent evader' of an unproven allegation is something we are all rightly guilty of.

Whenever I read this misnomer - 'Persistent Evaders' - I am always left with the same question - persistent evaders of what exactly?

A PCN is no more than an allegation - it even states on it that the person who issued it 'believes' that a contravention has taken place. Believes? Since when has that been proof of guilt?

Being a 'persistent evader' of an unproven allegation is something we are all rightly guilty of.

Do you help such 'persistent offenders?'

If so, what is your success rate?

It's an interesting point that the PCN is just an allegation, due to the word 'belief.'

I'm interested how many 'offenders' could escape their PCN's by using this argument?

Surely if there is photographic evidence, it is more than a belief?

I suggest you go read a few of their posts CD...

make up your own mind.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks