style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2895 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some two years ago cooperative energy received a request to switch us to a single tariff not a day and a night tariff. Over two years they have failed to carry it out despite numerous phone calls and letters. Not only that their staff seem to think that their responsibilities cease when they pass on the matter to somebody else.

I have a computer printer out probably three ft long concerning the written requests and responses and I never get anywhere or find anybody to act responsibly over the issue.

Letters to the managing director have gone unanswered and each member of staff thinks the issue is closed when they pass it on to somebody else.

Naturally we have changed our energy supplier.

it's an appalling situation and they seem to treat their customers with total contempt and indeed some of their staff appear to radiate complete indifference when you speak to them.

So what has it cost you and what would you like to do about it?

If I'm understanding correctly then several years ago you asked for your meter to be changed to a single rate meter to enable you to change to a single rate tariff.

Co=op or their agents have failed to do this. Have they explained why to you?

I think your best course of action here would be to write a letter to them, headed as a complaint and ask them to ensure the metering is changed as requested and the account re-worked to take in to account the cheaper rates you could have received had they carried out the work in the first instance. They could do this easily by calculating your usage by adding together the two reads - some suppliers do this to avoid the cost of changing the meter.

Mention in your letter that you will be escalating this to the ombudsman should this not be resolved quickly.