Rcib- Right choice insurance

steve1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Just had our first and most definitely last encounter with Rcib.

Here's the review I've left on TrustPilot for them.

'We found this shower via several comparison sites, regardless of site they were the cheapest quote

and the price quoted was consistent across the board.

We decided to go with them and selected the policy via Go compare,

we wanted to pay the premium on a monthly basis.

When we paid the deposit/ first payment a box appeared on the screen saying the payment couldn't go through

and to ring them, which we did.

While on the phone we checked our bank account and saw that the money had gone out,

when we got through the young lady started going through all the details again as if doing a new quote.

She then told us that the price would be more than quoted and tried to give us some spiel.

I questioned this practice and got put on to someone called Gary (a supervisor;) he refused to honour the price and his 'like it or lump it' attitude was appalling.

We now find ourselves trying to get our deposit back which we believe was taken fraudulently,

we have lodged complaints with trading standards and the insurance ombudsman.

They also have our bank details for the direct debit and wouldn't be at all surprised if they tried to take payment.

Cannot begin to imagine what the service would be like if you needed to claim!

We went with Bikesure for the policy and that was an altogether more pleasant experience"

What a dodgy bunch:mad2:

Oh well, as you been here since 2009, you obviously knew to record your calls while you're having this conversation with them and so you got all the evidence that you need to show what they were trying on. So I expect will be no problem, yes?

'fraid not and really wish I'd done my research first. It's only 77 quid and if we never see it again I guess it's not the end of the world.

I'm really just putting this out there to help others from making the same mistake as Rcib seem well known for this type of practice. I've used comparison sites many times before for insurance but will be more careful in the future.

RCIB have been doing this for years according many online forum reports. Quote one price online and then get customers on the phone to justify increasing the premium.

Really surprised that the FCA have not received enough complaints to start investigating them.

If you gave accurate info online and RCIB brokered the policy at the premium quoted, then they have to honour it. Suggest a compaint is made to both the FOS and FCA, if the MD of RCIB does not resolve providing appropriate compensation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

While I was sitting there on the phone (on hold) I redid the search on go compare and the same price came up they then tried telling me Go compare wasn't a live search or accurate. Now I've had time to do some searching it appears that the internet is awash with stories of them doing to others exactly what they did to us, some people getting stung for hundreds of pounds.

While I was sitting there on the phone (on hold) I redid the search on go compare and the same price came up they then tried telling me Go compare wasn't a live search or accurate. Now I've had time to do some searching it appears that the internet is awash with stories of them doing to others exactly what they did to us, some people getting stung for hundreds of pounds.

I don't think Go Compare would be happy with RCIB saying that the premiums quoted are not real. The whole purpose of comparison sites is for consumers to compare prices.

You could email Go Compare to warn them of this companies practices.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

go demand the moneyback from your bank under the DD guarantee.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Deposit would have been paid via card dx but definately cancel the dd with the bank.

Could always chargeback!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

do both !!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My car insurance has been with RCIB for last 2 years and tbh ive not had a problem so far. Im due to renew this month and they are 2nd cheapest, cheapest being the dreaded Octagon!!

In addition to the above, if you are paying monthly then the premium will be financed out, possibly to "Close Brothers", thats who the dd will be set up with or an alternative finance house, not RCIB,

Edited by martin2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol: