housing benefit and prtivate rental

23sopwith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

got turned down by private landlord recently regarding private house rent, son in law has stated he will pay 6 months up front to the agents, but we will have to pay him back, we currently receive some housing benefit because of our low income, how will this effect our h/b

I haven't got a clue rang l/a they weren't much help either any ideas . thanks

Short answer: It is a private agreement between yourselves and your son. It has nothing to do with the L.A. and will not affect your current claim.

However... Keep clear and concise documentation of the agreement along with a paper trail for the repayments. Get the son to sign the agreements & any receipts for the repayments. This will cover yourself should the L.A. suddenly decide that you have a new source of income when it is in fact a privately agreed loan repayment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

if your son in law is happy to, ask him to pay the 6 months direct to the agent/LL.

if it doesnt pass through your bank account then you wont have anything to explain in regards to HB. its simply family helping out, any other arrangements/agreements are private between you an SiL, as previously advised

you can check HB entitlement on the gov.co.uk website benefits calculator

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol: