store card charges - ge capital

ann1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have store cards with new look and dorothy perkins. i am currently having money problems and have written to them to explain this. they still charge me late payment fees and account cover. r they allowed to charge these. i have tried to use my account cover but they say im not elligible as im not covered for my current circumstances. with my dp account they have charged me almost £400 in charges over the 3 years ive been with them. i know you can claim back charges from a bank but does it work the same with store cards?

Indeed it does - these charges cannot be more than it costs them to deal with.

Have another, really detailed look, through the FAQ section - this should put your mind at ease.

Good luck

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thank you. i dont how they think people can afford to pay these charges. its because of these extra added charges to my account that i am in so much debt. i am glad i found this site before they took anymore money from me.

i have just rung viking direct as my store cards have been passed over to them ( dorothy perkins and new look ). i asked them to send out copies of my statements from 2002 when i opened my account with them, i have been told that they can only go as far back as 2004. is this correct or are they just trying to get out of it? told them im not paying unless i get them all as there is charges on there that shouldn't be. she said the best she can do is give me the info over the phone - id rather it in writing, just incase they ''accidently'' miss a few charges. have i done the right thing?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm not (by any means!) a Legal Expert, but it sounds to me that they're trying to stall / delay you.

Stick to your guns, if you've sent in the £10 DPA fee, then you're entitled to the lot.

Any doubts give the Information Commissionners helpline a call - they've been excellent with me.

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

have you had any luck with them.. am adding them to my list.. I have paid out so many charges thanks to my ex partner.. and am now realising I can probably pay off about a quarter of my debt (at least) by claiming back). Am starting with cahoot, but will write a list of all the people to contact.. Viking direct being one of them.. can't believe you can do this.. has made my day.. Am in a never ending cycle of charges

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

an update on my fight with viking direct. they rung me up again sunday morning at 8.45am asking when i was making payment!!! told them i want my statements b4 i do anything. sent the letter given them 10 days, basically that is up today and ive still not received them. not sure where to go from here. do i contact viking again or go straight to i.c?:mad:

What letter did you send them, and where are you getting your 'days' remaining from?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Then you have made an error. Please read the FAQ section, in full and you will understand why.

We can not stress enough how important it is that users read the FAQs and fully understand the process of a claim. It is for your own benefit, as is clealry highlighted here.

• 1 month later...

ive received court papers in post in relation to ge capital. basically need some help filling it in. i need to defend part of it as im not paying their charges or court fees / solicitors fees. ive sent them a number of letters asking for statements. i received a letter off viking saying that they had been ordered and if ive not received them to contact them again which i did but i didnt receive them - or so i thought. i changed my address with them about 7months ago, and they know that as all the defaults have been sent to my new address. my mum came to visit me a few weeks ago ( she lives 400miles away) and they had sent the statements to the old address!!! plus i asked for nearly 4years worth of statements - they sent 5months worth.

can i do them for breach of dat protection act for sending them to wrong address? they were fully awaren thats an old address.

need to get these forms off straight away to the court - can anyone help me? :confused::(

Ann

What papers have you been sent by the Court?

I take it that Viking have started a claim against you for this debt? What do the Particulars of Claim actually say?

When did you receive these papers, and by what date must they be returned?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 08 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks