Wonga Complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry i thought i posted it. Ive got it saved on my laptop. Give me a few and ill repost it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sorry for the dlay. Was running a program to recover my HDD. Will definitely have it up tonight for you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm no further forward with this. Have today sent them a F&F offer - original loan plus one months' interest, minus payments already made to date. Will wait and see. They've not responded to my complaint and their 30 days are up, so if no joy by Monday I'll be sending on to the FOS.

Thanks - don't worry I have kept every little thing to do with it - even their auto generated responses! I copied in the OFT and their trade association to the original complaint but have had nothing from either of them.

I thought id posted that letter. .. let me find it.

• 3 years later...

Hi There

I have read with interest the success stories on here with regards irresponsible lending by Wonga. I raised my complaint with Wonga as I too had a number of loans with them over a 2 year period. Wonga have not responded to my complaint and the 8 weeks to provide a resolution have come and gone.

I have sent my complaint to the ombudsman now and was wondering what the experience of others on here has been in terms of the length of time it typically takes to resolve. I am disappointed that Wonga haven't responded and they didn't even reply when I asked for an update after 8 weeks.

Has anyone else been ignored when raising a complaint?

C

Hi,

I sent off my email in feb regarding 6 loans I had with Wonga. I received email to say that they will get back to me I 8 weeks, then another to say it will take another 6 weeks. Yesterday I received an email saying that my loans were unaffordable and they are refunding me the intest and fees and 8% interest too. They have asked for my bank details to pay the money into my account. I will email them and advise them that I will accept the offer providing they remove all entries off my credit file

• Haha 1

Thanks for posting that Rockstarpup, city128 looks like you could be in for some news shortly.

Let us know how you get on.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Did wonga take the full extra 6 weeks or was the email you received with the offer well within that timeframe, just trying to gauge for readers of the post

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Got email back today to advise that the credit record entries will also be removed. So I emailed them back to say that in that case I was happy to accept their offer and sent them my bank details.

Shortly after, got email to advise that just over 1k has been sent for processing and will be in my acct within 3-5 working days.

Superb result RSP, enjoy your life again now!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

So all 5 loans that have been refunded for will be taken off my credit file too.

:thumb:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert