style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I see , so you condemn the insults and personal remarks made elsewhere then, is this so ?

I have condemned much of what has been posted over the past few years far more openly and transparently than anyone else. I haven't made vague references to it, I've been far more proactive than any other single person and far more direct and upfront. That is in the past though, and I am happy for it to stay that way - I have no intention of being drawn into others' battles. The fact I am not mentioned personally as much as I used to be is because I've removed myself from commenting, a lesson from which others could perhaps learn.

As far as comments made today go, I have not seen them and am not going to condemn something I have not seen. I have no intention of going looking either I'm afraid.

It is more than fair to say I condemn personal insult generally though. However, if people resort to it with me, I am likely to respond in kind.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have condemned much of what has been posted over the past few years far more openly and transparently than anyone else. I haven't made vague references to it, I've been far more proactive than any other single person and far more direct and upfront. That is in the past though, and I am happy for it to stay that way - I have no intention of being drawn into others' battles. The fact I am not mentioned personally as much as I used to be is because I've removed myself from commenting, a lesson from which others could perhaps learn.

As far as comments made today go, I have not seen them and am not going to condemn something I have not seen. I have no intention of going looking either I'm afraid.

It is more than fair to say I condemn personal insult generally though. However, if people resort to it with me, I am likely to respond in kind.

That would be a no then. I think that tells us all we need to know.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Aren't we talking about the new regulations here, and weren't you involved in the old ones CD, just an observation, but as said I am interested in the performance of the new regime :)

We are talking about the new regulations, along with how peoples' views of enforcement are formed. I've asked quite a few questions about the new regime, perhaps you could supply some answers.

We are talking about the new regulations, along with how peoples' views of enforcement are formed. I've asked quite a few questions about the new regime, perhaps you could supply some answers.

But you site your experiences under the old regime, when we are interested in the improvements which are part of the new ones ?

I must correct you also in that you said my comments were about people in debt. They weren't, they where about you having a bad experience with the bailiff and it colouring your future opinions of them. Seems a reasonable point to make.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I see , so you condemn the insults and personal remarks made elsewhere then, is this so ?

Not answering any questions from you CD until you answer this one.

That would be a no then. I think that tells us all we need to know.

Not what I said, though you will read what you want it to say as usual. I gave an honest answer. If you and BA want to try and draw me into your squabbles, don't! I've been in the squabbles and hopefully am pretty much out of them. What I will say is that when I was involved, I didn't pussyfoot about with veiled references and inuendo, I set up a website where I could, and did say what I felt at the time. It has been suggested to me several times I should do that again - I have no intent whatsoever of doing so. I will do what I want, not what others would like me to do - that goes for my posts as much as it goes for setting up websites. I have zero interest in a renaissance of past arguments.

You appear to think I'm in cahoots with others, all I can say is you are 100% wrong. It is up to you whether or not you believe that.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Coughdrop viewpost-right.png

I see , so you condemn the insults and personal remarks made elsewhere then, is this

so ?"

Dodgeball said:

"Not answering any questions from you CD until you answer this one."

Thank God for that. I might get some peace now!

Not what I said, though you will read what you want it to say as usual. I gave an honest answer. If you and BA want to try and draw me into your squabbles, don't! I've been in the squabbles and hopefully am pretty much out of them. What I will say is that when I was involved, I didn't pussyfoot about with veiled references and inuendo, I set up a website where I could, and did say what I felt at the time. It has been suggested to me several times I should do that again - I have no intent whatsoever of doing so. I will do what I want, not what others would like me to do - that goes for my posts as much as it goes for setting up websites. I have zero interest in a renaissance of past arguments.

You appear to think I'm in cahoots with others, all I can say is you are 100% wrong. It is up to you whether or not you believe that.

I dont know, you seem to be "pussyfooting" here CD.

Make it simple for you, do you condemn anyone who refers to someone else as a moron, idiot chimp imbecile on a public forum yes or no ?

I dont know, you seem to be "pussyfooting" here CD.

Make it simple for you, do you condemn anyone who refers to someone else as a moron, idiot chimp imbecile on a public forum yes or no ?

As usual you appear not to have read my posts properly. Read the last three lines of post 51, they are pretty clear. After that you could perhaps stop trying to get me to say something I am not going to say, some of us are moving on.

Anyway back to the point.

The compliance stage fee is set at a higher level so that the debtor is encouraged to enter into an agreement at the earlier stage. Apparently this is hard to grasp perhaps the explanatory memorandum explains it better.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/1/pdfs/uksiem_20140001_en.pdf

For non-High Court debt there is no such obligation and

therefore we have introduced an incentive to enter into an agreement without taking

control of goods at the (earlier) compliance stage which avoids triggering the enforcement

stage with its larger fee

Sorry i thought this had already been posted.

As usual you appear not to have read my posts properly. Read the last three lines of post 51, they are pretty clear. After that you could perhaps stop trying to get me to say something I am not going to say, some of us are moving on.

Its not difficult CD, here i will help you, I will say it. I think using abusive personal insults like" idiot" or "cretin", "moron", "chimp"in a circumstance where the person being insulted cannot respond is cowardly and symptomatic of not only poor upbringing but low intelligence.

Do you agree with me here ? I am not referring to anyone in particular just a general statement. again yes or no.

Go on CD, you have just been telling us that you fear nothing you name names whatever the cost, shouldn't be a problem for you.

Its not difficult CD, here i will help you, I will say it. I think using abusive personal insults like" idiot" or "cretin", "moron", "chimp"in a circumstance where the person being insulted cannot respond is cowardly and symptomatic of not only poor upbringing but low intelligence.

Do you agree with me here ? I am not referring to anyone in particular just a general statement. again yes or no.

Go on CD, you have just been telling us that you fear nothing you name names whatever the cost, shouldn't be a problem for you.

Pathetic! If you cannot read the last three lines of post 51 and make sense of them, I have no intention of helping you, however much you work yourself into a pickle about the fact.

Ha ha yes pathetic is about right.

Indeed much easier now we all know who is pulling your strings.

Indeed much easier now we all know who is pulling your strings.

Okay, I'll make it easy for you. I am at the beck and call of everyone on the 'FMOTL Social Media' site as you refer to it. I post exactly what they want me to post as soon as is feasibly possible.

There you are. It is totally untrue of course, but as that is what you want to believe I'll say it, just for you.

I'm off to get one of my strings repaired now anyway, so forgive me if I don't post back immediately.

I am not having a pop at anyone in particular,

Just getting fed up

as there are 2 views to most thing it is just how they are interpreted.

We are here help, and we all have different experiences to put forward,

DB and BA with there in put into the new regs

and CD PT UB with our experience the other end

I have had both sides as a creditor and now as a Debtor.

leakie

This is getting Silly now

May I suggest we get back on Topic,

This may be the reason for lack of OP with problems, when us regulars are acting like children.

The problem is Leakie, Dodgeball believes I'm 'having my strings pulled by' (so effectively posting on behalf of) another site. He is wrong - 100% wrong, but no matter what I post he will believe that. I think there may be another person leading him to believe that, and they are also 100% wrong.

They can believe what they wish of course, but I am unlikely to roll over and repeatedly take these accusations without recourse.

I'm very happy to continue on topic, but it does require others to stop their stupid allegations, as well as their infatuations with other places which fuel the allegations. I think imaginations are running amok in certain quarters.

Oh sorry, thought we were getting back on topic. Carry on :)

perhaps someone could copy a particular paragraph or two which they consider interesting relavant or accurate ?

Well said Leakie. It is about time this continual bickering was ended. Not just on this thread either.

I agree lookinforinfo, but it needs some people to abandon their infatuation with other sites, and focus on this one. The perpetual closing of threads due to arguments and inflammatory posts is irksome.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks