style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Here is a problem about rubbish dumped in communal area of a block of flats.

My nephew is renting a flat for a fixed monthly amount through a letting agency.

The building has one garden flat and 3 flats upstairs.

Nephew received a letter from his letting agency, concerning the overflowing rubbish in the communal area.This communal area is unsecured and is accessible from the street as the main building entrance is never locked.

The letting agency wrote that they will charge all tenants 3 pounds per bin bag dumped in the communal area, if they are not disposed of appropriately, meaning if they are not put in the blue and brown bins available for the flats.

There are four flats and 3 sets of bins.

1 blue and 1 brown bins for flat 1 and 2 kept in the communal area.

1 blue and 1 brown bins for flat 3 kept in the communal area.

1 blue and 1 brown bins for flat 4, for my nephew. His bins are kept in his locked private garden.He regularly recycles his own rubbish himself at the local recycling areas, including his garden wastes. His bin are effectively empty due to his proactive approach to recycling his own rubbish independently.

He can't see anything in his tenancy agreement which ends in July 2016, that states that he is financially responsible for the rubbish bags dumped in the communal area

Can the letting agency legally charge my nephew 3 pounds per bin bag even though none of his rubbish is left in the communal area?

How should he respond to the letting agency letter? Can the letting agency deduct the money from his deposit money?

p.s. I have seen the amount of bin bags left on the floor in the communal area on a regular basis

and I can roughly approximate about 15 bags including boxes, rugs, buckets

and all sorts of rubbish were left in the communal area.

so the amount that the letting agent wants to charge each flat can be really high by the end of each month.

No one can be sure that it is even the rubbish left by the tenants as the access to the communal area is not secured.

No one can be sure that it is even the rubbish left by the tenants as the access to the communal area is not secured.

in this country you are innocent before being proved guilty

if the LL has not even the most basic security

he should not be allowed to enforce this.

why not spend the money on fitting new security doors!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...