Dvla messed up

mmfhater
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I brought a car the other week and have just got the log book back and the idiots have put it in the previous owners name with my address

I phoned them.up and according to them I didn't put my name on the v5 that got sent back

If I didn't put my name on it how did they get my address !!!

I must have used the pen that had invisible ink in it

DVLA are now fully computerised, and so can never go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, go wrong, //4¥%%%%% go wrong!

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Simply return the v5 with the correct info and a new one will be sent out, hopefully correct

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

kepe proof of postage this time :p

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You can always add a short letter to that effect

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

You can always add a short letter to that effect

I would strongly recommend that. This could become quite a muddle and DVLA will only see it as a cash generating opportunity.

If they treated it as a Change of RK, instead of address, they would have cancelled the tax or SORN of the previous owner. No doubt he also cancelled is own insurance.

What you don't tell us is if you carried out your own Tax/SORN and insurance at the time you bought the car.

Any gaps (retrospective or current) in continuity of Tax/SORN and insurance will make DVLA swing into action far more efficiently that they deal with 'customers'.