TV Licence fines to substantially increase and could double if household has Sky, Netflix, BT TV, or Amazon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - good to see my point being reiterated there MM. A TV licence is not just for a TV!

It covers any device used to view live scheduled broadcast watched or recorded as it is transmitted. However if LIVE scheduled programmes are not viewed, no license required.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It covers any device used to view live scheduled broadcast watched or recorded as it is transmitted. However if LIVE scheduled programmes are not viewed, no license required.

I think that is what the link says also.

The point to be argued is:

Since the device is equally capable of displaying both, and unlike a TV where you can deprive it of the off air signal and even internet connection where just dvds re viewed, how does this stand with the argument that the person has watched broadcasted programmes on BOP.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

The point to be argued is:

Since the device is equally capable of displaying both, and unlike a TV where you can deprive it of the off air signal and even internet connection where just dvds re viewed, how does this stand with the argument that the person has watched broadcasted programmes on BOP.

I have just received my third 'TV Licence fine enquiry of the day and I really do worry about these fines because almost all individuals have no idea about signing these damn TVL 178 forms.

I have just looked at the questions on the form which are as follows:

Do you have a television here?

Do hoy have a TV Licence?

TV set seen...Inspection details: B & W, Colour, Video, DVD /DVD-R /Digital Box /In use /On standby /Brought into use /Power plugged in /Aerial plugged in /TV make

When was the set installed/obtained?

When did you first use the set at this address without an appropriate licence?

When did you last use the set for watching live TV programmes?

Is the set owned, borrowed, rented?

Do you have satellite, cable or digital (Freeview)?

I have just received my third 'TV Licence fine enquiry of the day and I really do worry about these fines because almost all individuals have no idea about signing these damn TVL 178 forms.

I have just looked at the questions on the form which are as follows:

Do you have a television here?

Do hoy have a TV Licence?

TV set seen...Inspection details: B & W, Colour, Video, DVD /DVD-R /Digital Box /In use /On standby /Brought into use /Power plugged in /Aerial plugged in /TV make

When was the set installed/obtained?

When did you first use the set at this address without an appropriate licence?

When did you last use the set for watching live TV programmes?

Is the set owned, borrowed, rented?

Do you have satellite, cable or digital (Freeview)?

They have obtained convictions of innocents with no TV or computer when they answer the door and the goon misrepresents them if they said they watched Eastenders next door, and signed the damned 178. TVL capita goons are noted for being dishonest.

http://tv-licensing.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/criminal-tv-licensing-employees.html

and

http://tv-licensing.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/top-ten-lies-told-by-tv-licensing.html

The best way to deal with a Capita Goon is to say nothing confirm nothing sign nothing and close the door.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

They have obtained convictions of innocents with no TV or computer when they answer the door and the goon misrepresents them if they said they watched Eastenders next door, and signed the damned 178. TVL capita goons are noted for being dishonest.

The best way to deal with a Capita Goon is to say nothing confirm nothing sign nothing and close the door.

Totally agree BN. Also, if you are only watching Catch-Up or have no need for a TV Licence, tell them using this form:

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/about.app

Totally agree BN. Also, if you are only watching Catch-Up or have no need for a TV Licence, tell them using this form:

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/no-licence-needed/about.app

And say nothing and close the door if a Capita Goon salesman turns up to "check" as they WILL stitch you up for a summons, even if you don't have a TV computer, or smartphone.

I don't need to inform DVLA that I don't have a drivers licence, so I'm blown if I'm going to waste my time contacting the BBC that I don't need a TVL.

They don't believe you anyway, they'll still demand to come in and question your honesty.

Stuff em.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think you'll find that if you have informed them using the linked form, you are likely to be left alone for two years, after which they'll write to you and ask if you need one yet.

That said, there's always going to be the corrupt Capita goons, and it's important people know they have no more power to ask whether or not you have a TV set or licence, nor any more power to enter your home than I have.

I know what you're saying CD, but like DCA's I find the best method is to ignore them, the hamster loves their missives as bedding.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's OK telling folks here to ignore the man from Capita but that is usually after the event. It doesn't help the poor 18year old babysitting for their mate whn the knock comes at the door. There needs to be more regulation on what these buffoons can and can't do but suspect HMG just don't want to know.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's OK telling folks here to ignore the man from Capita but that is usually after the event. It doesn't help the poor 18year old babysitting for their mate whn the knock comes at the door. There needs to be more regulation on what these buffoons can and can't do but suspect HMG just don't want to know.

Unfortunately, from what I hear of the new intent, HMG do want to know, but want to increase the powers of these Capita visitors, pretty much making it work on an assumption of guilty unless we prove ourselves innocent.

I hope the whole thing backfires, as I see no justifiable reason for someone from Capita being given the power to ask a load of questions at our doors, or take action of some sort against us if we refuse to let them in or answer them. If enough people refuse to comply, they will have to rethink.

I need to read the document properly, but if what I've heard is correct, then this is really not very good news - in fact the form I posted earlier to inform TVL you don't need a licence would be abolished!

Looks that way Coughdrop. PT if a babysitter conviction is appealed it wil loften be quoshed, as the convicted person is not the householder or a member of it. problem is the babysitter will suck it down when Marstons calls at Her parents house.