Problems with dentist! Please help!

SRCSAM777
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I will first of all say I'm sorry if this post is in the incorrect place, I wasn't sure we're to put it!

My issue is that I visited the dentist a couple of months ago to have a filling. They charged me 36.50 at the time and I was told that was the full cost of the treatment. My dentist said nothing as usual and just did the work.

I have since been contacted asking for a further 18.80 as I was charged incorrectly. I have said that I don't believe I should pay this as I was told the cost at the time was 36.50 and have paid that in full. They are now chasing me for this money and have passed on to a collection agency.

Is there anything I could / should do or should I just pay? I contacted them today to make the payment although I didn't see that I should have to and they made me aware they have passed it on.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Sam

NHS dental charges

There are three NHS charge bands:

Band 1: £19.70 covers an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it also includes X-rays, a scale and polish and planning for further treatment.

Band 2: £53.90 covers all treatment covered by Band 1, plus additional treatment, such as fillings, root canal treatment and removing teeth (extractions).

Band 3: £233.70 covers all treatment covered by Bands 1 and 2, plus more complex procedures, such as crowns, dentures and bridges.

So you have been under charged, be careful pay up or NHS Dental will chase and it will cost you a lot more! as we found out under NHS Dental Penalty charges!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I now understand that, I'm just frustrated this wasn't stated at the time and I was charged 36 and paid! Also I didn't receive a scale and polish and was in the chair for about 6-7mins. So even though they made the mistake I have to pay the debt collector the money plus fees?

Thanks for your reply!