X4L/CRS - please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for another thread. I have used this forum to help make my case so far, however I've had another letter and now I feel that i'm at a dead end. I've attached a copy of the letter I sent to CRS, this fully explains my particular situation. I did also send a very similar letter to X4L head office, but they didn't respond.

I've also scanned in the response and I don't know what to do next. I don't have a copy of my cancellation form but I DID sign one. I was a loyal customer at X4L for 2 years and never missed a payment, so I absolutely will not pay a penny out of principle more than anything.

I am extremely fed up as this has been ongoing since February 2016. I'm very close to sending a letter just telling them that I do not acknowledge the debt and they will have to take me to court (I'd also like to remind them that they will incur court fees if they lose, as they have said the same to me!) I just don't know if this is tempting fate, because ultimately I cannot prove I handed in my written notice - it will be my word against theirs.

I can however demonstrate good character through loyalty as a customer and all my dates will add up (in terms of graduating from university and relocating to an area with no X4L facilities) as well as a good academic/professional record which shows that I wouldn't simply 'forget' to cancel my membership. Would this hold up in court? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Edited by af101

Hello and welcome to CAG.

For your own privacy, please take down the attachment because it has personal details on it. If you edit out your name, reference numbers and so on to protect yourself, we can advise.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi AF,

If you completed the cancellation form in July, the last DD was due in August 2015 yet you only cancelled the DD mandate in October.

I assume Harlands would have taken a DD in September and possibly also October 2015. If so, you should reclaim these using the bank's DD Guarantee Scheme.

Check on this and let us know.

Read other threads here and you'll see that neither X4Less nor Harlands will give a hoot about good character or loyalty.

Do not bother replying to Harlands for now. They'll ignore all that you say in any case.

:-)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi AF,

If you completed the cancellation form in July, the last DD was due in August 2015 yet you only cancelled the DD mandate in October.

I assume Harlands would have taken a DD in September and possibly also October 2015. If so, you should reclaim these using the bank's DD Guarantee Scheme.

Check on this and let us know.

Read other threads here and you'll see that neither X4Less nor Harlands will give a hoot about good character or loyalty.

Do not bother replying to Harlands for now. They'll ignore all that you say in any case.

Payments were taken in September and October too, but I only realised in October, i only cancelled it to stop more going out. I completely understand that I probably should have called the gym as clearly something was wrong with my account but I didn't think anything of it until the letter came through the door in February 2016.

I did look into reclaiming the two £9.99 payments but my banks website said I should try and contact the company first, so I assumed I wouldn't get anywhere with it.

I assume they are just going to send me another letter threatening legal action when they notice I haven't responded. I see you've been assisting people for a few years, in your experience do they eventually stop contacting if the 'debt' hasn't been paid?

Who is this bank?

Get straight back on to them, and demand your money back under the DD guarantee, don't let them fob you off.

As for CRS ignore them, keep a diary of events with a view of reporting them for the criminal offence of harassment.

Lodge a formal complaint with the gym, use social media to embarrass them and warn off any future victims.

Make a complaint to the CMA also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi AF,

Tell the bank you require the two £9.99 DD's to be returned under the DDGS. They should not question your request and should return the money to your a/c quickly.

Harlands will threaten all sorts but it's just hot air.

Ignore them until they become aware that you've reclaimed the 2 DD's.

There are enough cases of X4Less failing to properly process cancellations. Between X4Less and Harlands have an appalling reputation for screwing up cancellations and they'd be hard-pushed to convince anyone that it was YOU that failed to cancel properly.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)