Two men arrested after knife was brandished during a row with a bailiff.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.scoop.it/t/lacef-news

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bailiffs-visit-leads-three-hour-7906246

Police were called out after a man allegedly brandished a knife during a row with a bailiff about a car.

Police said the three-hour siege began just after noon after a bailiff was sent to an address in the road to recover a car.

As the situation escalated armed officers were called, the street was blocked with police vehicles and the police helicopter hovered overhead, reports

A police spokesman said:

“Merseyside Police has been in attendance following an armed containment at a house in St Helens this afternoon.

“At around 12.05pm, a civil enforcement officer attended an address on Litherland Crescent to remove a car from the location.

“Following an argument with a man at the house, patrols were called to assist and the man was seen to approach officers in possession of a knife.

"As a result, the area was contained by armed officers to ensure safety of the public"

What a waste of public money for a knife. Seems a bit of an over reaction. I could understand it if there was a gun involved.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

What a waste of public money for a knife. Seems a bit of an over reaction. I could understand it if there was a gun involved.

I appreciate that the priority must be to provide safety to the public but nine police cars and a helicopter does seem an over reaction. However, only a few months back there was another thread on here where a similar number of police officers were in attendance, and it then materialised that a family member was very well 'known' to the police.

Would it "only" be a knife if it was you being held at knife point, Or would you want every police officer with a gun, Within a 100 mile radius to converge and save you ? I know what i would want

It seems silly to me in this day and age, people allowing small amounts of money owed to ride, Knowing that the day will come when it will become a huge issue, Especially with a car parked on the drive