Another problem cancelling my contact with Exercise4less.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I would be grateful for your help

I joined them back in November 2014 and only attended for a month, due to having an operation on my hand.

I didn’t know that I may have been able cancel then.

I left it till December 2015 to cancel.

I went online and followed their procedures and received an email,

I also rang heartlands and told them I have cancelled,

they told me not to cancel my DD and they had made a note of it on my records.

in February when I noticed that they had still taken a payment

I called them again, they told me they had not revived a cancellation notice from Exercise4less.

I then cancelled my DD,

got the standard letter from heartlands.

I still have a problem cancelling my contact for the last two months

I have been past from pillow to post by e4less and I still don’t know if it is cancelled.

They say I am in arrears of £39.98. £20 admin fee and two months subscription fees.

I have now been back online and filled out there cancellation form again

and got two of the same emails back.

Thank you for contacting Xercise4Less, your request has been received and

we'll be in touch as soon as possible.

Your request will start from the submission date.

Please keep this notification as a receipt for your records.

I am not sure what to do now and would be very grateful for any help you can offer.

Kind Regards

Strongdumplin

quite honestly

you daidnt attend from dec 2014

yu paid for a complete year that you didnt have too.

and now you're trying to be even nicer to them

by giving them even more money.

i'd be using my banks DD guarantee and getting basck all your payment from ja 2015 till today

and ignoring them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi SD,

You could have cancelled early on medical grounds if you'd known at the time. :doh:

After you cancelled in Dec'r 2015, you should have paid 1 more monthly fee and then cancelled the DD. Any fee taken by Harlands beyond that should be reclaimed using the DD Guarantee Scheme. To work out what's payable, tell us :-

1. What date did you cancel online with X4Less.

2. When did Harlands normally take the DD each month.

Ignore the demands from Harlands for now. They'll do nothing in the meantime except whinge and whine.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick

I cancelled my membership on the 16th December 2015.

Heartlands took it on the 8th of the month.

I cancelled my DD mid February after I noticed they had taken another payment.

Exercise4less are saying they have no record of any cancellation request and I haven't got the email anymore.

They say I am in arrears of £39.98. £20 adminlink3.gif fee and two months subscription fees.

Kind

Hi SD,

I went online and followed their procedures and received an email,

I assume you checked thoroughly to see if you still have the email you rec'd when you first cancelled, perhaps in "deleted emails". If not, it's not a problem due to X4Less' and Harlands' appalling reputation for failing to properly process cancellations.

After you cancelled mid-December, you owed 1 final fee in mid-January. If you paid a fee after this, claim it back using the DDGS.

Write to X4Less Head Office in Leeds telling them :-

I cancelled using your online system in December and received your acknowledgement.

I require that you instruct Harlands/CRS to cease demands immediately.

Also send a copy to Harlands with a covering letter. Get free Certificates of Posting for the 2 letters at the PO when you send them.

Speak to no one by phone and keep us posted.

Read other threads here to see how others are being hounded by Harlands.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi slick

Sorry for the delay in getting back (been on my hols).

I have not received anything from heartlands since the first letter about cancelling DD, but I have been hounded by ex4less.

As I have said I went back online and filled out another cancellation request from.

I keep getting calls, texts and emails from them, but have been away. This is what I have received today.

Account in Default

Thank you for your email,

Unfortunately your account has gone into default due to Xercise4less

not being able to collect your Direct Debit.

As your Terms and Conditions state, we require 30 days’ notice for any

cancellation.

Please contact the Membership Support Team on 0113 203 8602 to clear

your arrears.

So they are refusing to cancel my membership.

Can you please point me in the right direction for some letter templates for this as I am not sure what to do?

Strongdumplin

Hi SD,

You say you've been hounded by X4Less but it's normally Harlands/CRS who do all the hounding. What have X4Less said in texts and emails ?

I'd reply to X4Less saying :-

I cancelled properly online and received confirmation from you about this. My DD mandate was stopped after you took the final payment required.

If you continue to harass me about this, I will take action against Xercise4Less.

You may be a bit stuck if they ask for proof of the email you received but they won't do any more than continue to harass you for a while.

When they realsie you're not worried or intimidated, they'll move on to weaker prey !!

Hi Slick

I have had numerous texts saying this,

Dear Member

Your account is in default and if left unresolved will be passed to a third party debt collector. To prevent this call us on 01132038602, to settle.

Unfortunately I haven't got the emails but I have got all my phone records with a the calls I have made to ex4less and heartlands.

Did I tell you that I called Heartlands after I filled in the online cancellation form and got them to make a note on my account of cancellation request.

This is probably why they haven't contacted me.

Is this letter ok?

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my membership at Xercise4Less gym in [Hull].

I called my local gym [Hull] on Wednesday 9th December 2015 to cancel my membership. I was told over the phone that I needed to do it online.

I then went online and followed all the instructions and revived your standard reply.

I then called Heartlands to inform them of my intentions to cancel my membership, which they add to my records. This is when they told me I had to pay one more months subscription of £9.99 as notice. Because I had only just paid and they needed a months’ notice. Payments were taken on or around the 8th on the month. So the last one would be in January.

I was very surprised when I next checked my bank account in February that you had taken another payment without my permission. I will be claiming this back from my banks DD guarantee.

I called my local gym [Hull] and was told it was still active. So I then cancelled my DD Mandate. Since then I have called and emailed so many times I have lost count. I then went back online on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 13:19pm and filled out a second cancellation request from and you are still refusing to cancel my membership and are still adding on extra cost witch I do not owe you.

I will not pay you anything as I have fulfilled my agreement. So any extra subscription fees, administration fees or cancellation fee WILL NOT BE PAID as these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

All I want is for my membership to be cancelled and for you to stop Harassing me

If you have not responded within 14 days from receiving this letter I with then start the complaints process with trading standards and the CMA

Yours faithfully

Hi SD,

I tend to recommend letters are as short as possible, mainly because they mostly tend to get ignored by the gym and more so by Harlands/CRS. However, the letter will be fine apart from :-

all the instructions and revived your
which should say "received"

Heartlands should be Harlands but that's funny and not so important.

Send the letter to X4Less and let us know how they respond.

Send the letter by post and get a Cert of Posting at the PO when you send it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again

Received this email today.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email

Your membership has now been cancelled and I have requested a refund of 3 x £9.99 to be refunded by BACS.

You should receive this in your account within 14 working days.

The reason for all the misunderstanding with this account is due to the fact your original cancellations in December

were submitted using your old W number.

This could have been resolved sooner had you forwarded us the original receipt you received.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused you.

--

Healthy Regards

Will

Head Office Enquiries

Head Office

Xercise 4 Less

Unit 1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate

Kirkstall Road

Leeds

LS4 2AZ

Thanks for all your help regarding this matter.

Kind Regards

Strongdumplin

great news

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

please help.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi SD,

Glad to see they've sorted this for you and I'm delighted you didn't pay any admin fees.

This is only the 2nd time I've heard of X4Less using or needing a W Number. Can you confirm what this is please.

If you can manage a Site Donation it'll help us stay here supporting folk when they need it.

Ok ......... so why is it a W Number ? :???:

Maybe everyone m/ship or a/c number starts with a "W".

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Just when I thought it was all over, received a letter from CRS today for the amount off £1:77.47.

Its the same old letter and I am just going to ignore it.

Still playing the same games as usual.

Ps I got my refund from exercise 4 less, so they won't be get a penny from me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just to let you know what has happened.

After a week frustration got the better of me and I call them up and had a heated conversation with

Rob Avery, collections manager

I received this in reply

We refer to our telephone conversation today.

We regret that having investigated your case, this account should never have been referred to us as harlands had already agreed to cancel your account.

We therefore apologise on behalf of harlands for this error and have cancelled this account with immediate effect.

Yours sincerely

Rob Avery

Collections Manager

Hi SD,

Excellent news and thanks for the update.

Your case is an exception to our Golden Rule - Stay OFF the Phone - but Rob at CRS (Harlands in disguise) will have been told by the gym to back off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Slick

I Know this is in the wrong thread but can any one help??

I have just noticed the EE have has placed a default on my credit report for £450 and it has been on there for two years before I noticed.

I called the and they admitted that it should not have happened and will remove it within 48 hours.

this is all well and good but I have not been able to get loans or credit cards in this time is there any way off getting compensation for there mistake?

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards

SD

go start a thread in the telecoms forum and post a link back here

dx

and they

Hi SD,

I was about to move your post above but I see you've now started a new thread in the Telecoms Forum here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?468273-EE-placed-incorrect-default-notice-on-my-credit-report.(6-Viewing)-nbsp

It can be discussed there from now on.