style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just wanted some advice please

my son has Rent arrears form 2012/2013 when he was in a hostel for 3 weeks

the debt is 580 pounds

we have only just recently found out about the debt

he has been put on the housing register as he is homeless but he's been suspended from bidding.

we have asked how much to pay to be released from the suspension

& 3 people have said different things

we have said if we pay all off will he be able to bid

they said its down to the housing managers to say whether he can bid.

one person said 10 weeks someone else said 10 months.

my thing is

they have had 3 years to find him and they said they don't have the resources to look for him.

I don't want to pay all off in one go and they come up with something else for why he cant bid!

they say they want to see he pays his bills!

can anyone help and let me know what the normal practice is with arrears

just want some one to be straight

he's been given 30 points for medical & social now he's homeless

not because of his doing and he's priority due to mental health

so waiting for those points and that process.

If anyone can let me know the process would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi lills66

Are the Arrears correct? (did he claim housing benefit at the time)

If you are contacting them by phone please stop unless you can record the call (as has already happened you have had 3 different version responses) you want these in writing only. Only do this in writing so you have evidence and ensure to keep copies of everything you send and get free proof of posting from the post office.

Now his medical condition try to get as may letters from those treating him to support his application (GP, Consultants, etc)

The main issue is the Arrears so when you write to them ask for the following:

1. Copies of the rent arrears 2012/2013.

2. Copy of the Hostel Agreement.

3. Copy of Customer Care Standards.

4. Copy of the Homelessness Policy.

5. Copy of the Housing Register Policy.

Try to come to to an arrangement as you have been trying (as I said everything in writing) and get as much medical evidence (by way of supporting letters) to back up the application.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Stu007 He applied for HB and was there 3 weeks before he went into hospital for a month so lost the hostel place he applied for HB while he was there but for some reason it didn't go through that's why we were shocked for it to come up now after all these years because this could have been sorted before he was homeless and asking for help.

2 weeks ago he was made illegally homeless from his room rental that's why he's applied for homelessness. I personally feel he shouldn't be suspended because they never told him about it before.

I have got it reduced by £140 which is better he agreed 2.50 a week because he's on ESA support group but I have been paying £15.00 a week I could pay it all off but if they don't let him come off suspension that's a fair bit of money in one go & because housing managers decide about it apparently if some one can bid??

If I've paid it all off and then they decide he cant bid or they wont accept his homeless application I could carry on paying the way I am.

I record all the meetings on my mobile. doctor has written another letter this week stating sort accommodation out please. its just I don't believe everything the council say to us.

thank you.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.