Credit4Cars - vehicle repossessed - still on husbands credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I'm new to this site,

another matter brought me here but thought I'd ask you knowledgeable bunch about this too (they are kind of related).

In 2014 we stupidly had a vehicle from Credit4cars - we allowed voluntary repossession.

The balance was removed and the account closed on my credit file

but on my husbands it still shows as open with a balance???

Now, I appreciate that there would more than likely have been a shortfall in the auctioned amount

and amount owed in finance but the amount on his credit file never changed

and why would the balance go to £0 on mine and a closed account yet on my husbands still show as this?

What do I need to do to get this updated on his credit file?

I note they are in administration so not sure where to go really

- contacted the credit reference agency and they said contact creditor.

We've had a bad few years financially and we are finally getting sorted

- trying to clean up credit files and this looks really bad.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give :)

Hi

Noticed the mention of this on the other thread. On there you say the car is in your husband's name, can I ask whos name is on the hire purchase agreement ?

If payment were missed prior to the car being taken they will still remain on the file for six years even if the car goes back.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi

Noticed the mention of this on the other thread. On there you say the car is in your husband's name, can I ask whos name is on the hire purchase agreement ?

If payment were missed prior to the car being taken they will still remain on the file for six years even if the car goes back.

It was in joint names. On my credit file it is shown as "settled" with a zero balance (and this has been shown like this on there before my DRO).

On my husbands it shows as the full amount (before repo) nothing has been updated on his since July 2016.

Is there any default or late payment marker on his file ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Is there any default or late payment marker on his file ?

Yes but not after 2014 it just shows as default (i'm not at home so can't tell you exact wording)

Yes but not after 2014 it just shows as default (i'm not at home so can't tell you exact wording)

If it is a default it will remain on ther for six years, ut has nothing to do with th vehicle it is just recording the repayment history.

I would double check your HP agreement also, it is unusual to have vehicle HP in joint names.

If it is a default it will remain on ther for six years, ut has nothing to do with th vehicle it is just recording the repayment history.

I would double check your HP agreement also, it is unusual to have vehicle HP in joint names.

It shows as balance outstanding still - not updated since the repo - never been chased for anything.