Bed ordered online not arrived -beds.co.uk/Furniture Italia/ Premier Delivieries - sec 75?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Short Question

Can I seek a refund from my credit card company for items that haven't turned up? Would this be under Section 75?

Long Question

I ordered a new guest bed from beds.co.uk last week. We need it for this coming weekend as we have people coming over to stay in our new house.

Beds.co.uk require that you book a delivery date online with their delivery company Premier Delivieries (based out of the same address) once the order has been paid for and processed, which I did within 20 minutes. Although they offer free delivery for a weekday, for a Saturday delivery you have to pay an additional £9.95 (via paypal).

After paying my additional fee and selecting Saturday 2nd April for delivery I waited in all day, to find the bed hasn't turned up. I half expected this as after stumbling on some bad reviews under their other name Furniture Italia, I discovered that a lot of people have had items not turn up on the correct date. I even tried to contact them earlier this week to confirm delivery however they never answered the phone.

As I've spent over an hour and half today phoning them and their delivery company I decided to look at way's to get my money back. There's stories online of cancellation fees being charged and refunds taking weeks to appear.

As I paid the £230 for the bed on my Halifax credit card (Through a payment processing page / not paypal) can I approach them for a refund? Can I claim for this under section 75 as the item hasn't turned up?

Thanks

Scott

Yes – to pretty well everything you have asked.

If the bed is simply a stock item then you also have a right to reject it under the distance selling regulations as well as, in my view having a right to cancel the contract because of their serious breach – non-delivery.

Write them a letter immediately cancelling the entire contract and demanding a refund. Explain briefly exactly why you are taking the action.

Demand a refund immediately.

At the same time, contact your bank – who you will probably find will be less than helpful – and start putting into motion the business of cancelling the credit card payment and receiving a refund.

If you talk to anybody on the telephone then make sure that you have first implemented the advice in our customer services guide.

If there is any attempt to deliver the bed then simply refuse to accept it. Do not open the door to them. If you end up in some confrontation with a try to leave it in the garden then make sure you video everything on a phone.

You could also think about claiming compensation for the time that you have wasted waiting for the delivery – but it is probably so little that it is not worth it.