Car licence revoked due to seizure April last year but still paying PCP car

Scotty1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there I took a car out on a PCP contract for 4 years with Mercedes in August 2014 I took a seizure on 4th April 2015 still no sign of getting my licence back but I've never missed a payment on the PCP agreement this has nearly been a year since I took the seizure and still paying every month I can't see a way out or put a plan together as Mercedes aren't interested although I've informed

Mercedes of my situation but there not interested as long as they are getting paid every month,if anyone could give me some advice on what to do I would be most greatful especially in finding out how soon I could possibly VT the car back to them as I'm partially disabled and struggling to get by with having to pay for this car every month it's seriously effecting me and my family at this moment I can't just hand the car back because it would blacklist my name.

I think I need to pay at least half of what is owed on the agreement but I just can't keep this up its having devastating effects on my life having to worry about raising the money every month for something that I can't even drive,if anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be so much appreciated with kindest regards Scott thanks in advance

Edited by Scotty1974

I'm trying to help here, what caused you to have a seizure and as a result, on what basis was your car licence revoked, I mean on one seizure only ?

You may be trying to help, but are you aware of DVLA's stated position?

"One seizure only" is enough ; DVLA will revoke a licence (for a minimum of 6 months, but likely a year if there are "Clinical factors that indicate that there may be an increased risk of seizures")

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/neurological-disorders-assessing-fitness-to-drive#epilepsy

OP : given that it is coming up to a year, have you been assessed regarding epilepsy? What do your doctors say about getting your licence back?

Moved down two into the DVLA section.

My reply highlighted the DVLA / can the OP get their licence back aspects.

Is there any way there can be a link to the forum best suited to answer on the VT aspects?

Is the OP best suited by one thread, or one covering DVLA and a second covering VT's?