3 SKY Boxes not working, they want £60 per box!

limelight
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I pay £160 a month for 5 SKY boxes, all HD and fully loaded with packages. I consider myself to be a decent customer.

3 months ago we had a period of bad weather and 3 of my boxes lost signal. I suspect it's to do with the connection on the dish as my other boxes get a signal fine.

They want £60 engineer fee per box to climb a ladder and re-connect.

Granted I can get a local guy to do it but as I pay nearly £2k a year for SKY you would think they'd like to keep me happy.

Are there any tactics that I can use to talk them into doing it for free? (or at least at a discount)

Cheers.

Hi,

I pay £160 a month for 5 SKY boxes, all HD and fully loaded with packages. I consider myself to be a decent customer.

3 months ago we had a period of bad weather and 3 of my boxes lost signal. I suspect it's to do with the connection on the dish as my other boxes get a signal fine.

They want £60 engineer fee per box to climb a ladder and re-connect.

Granted I can get a local guy to do it but as I pay nearly £2k a year for SKY you would think they'd like to keep me happy.

Are there any tactics that I can use to talk them into doing it for free? (or at least at a discount)

Cheers.

Tell them you will be leaving for Virgin.

Absolutely!. Although this will be influenced by when you are in contract until.

If you feel there is an inherent fault on Sky's dish, then it should be covered under warranty.

If you feel it is more likely the dish has moved alignment in the bad weather, or there is a poor physical connection : you are unlikely to be able to persuade Sky it is their responsibility to provide a repair free of charge.

If you cant get them to budge, there is always e.g. Virgin when renewal time comes around!.