I don't know what to do for the best- housing benefit/tax credits/childcare vouchers

Jojo03
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been looking into entitlements all day and I am just going round in circles. I could really do with some advice.

The abolishment of the family element in housing benefit is my main worry. I don't know if it will affect me or not?

I have a 2.5 year old and our second baby is due in May, and according to 'entitledto' we will be entitled to some housing benefit in 16/17. But I don't know if this will start after I have the baby, or when I go on maternity leave in April. Also, as mentioned above, I don't know whether the abolishment will affect the result I am getting. I know it only affects new claims after 1st May, so if I submit my claim in April when my maternity leave starts- will I be entitled to the family element? I am thinking I will still get it, because I already have a child and my circumstances are changing prior to 1st May.

Now, it seems I will be entitled to more help (around an extra £70 a month) if I do not continue with my childcare vouchers through my employer. But I don't want to opt out of the scheme to find that the calculations were all wrong and I would have been better off with continuing with the childcare vouchers.

Would it be possible to cancel the childcare vouchers once I've heard back regarding my claims?

Anything else I need to consider?

Thank you in advance!

use the calculator below with you circumstances how they will be when you claim

https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Hi Martin, I have used the entitled to benefits calculator as I was told this would be most accurate and gives the option to calculate for the 16/17 tax year.

It seems I will be better off cancelling my childcare vouchers as my housing benefit and child tax will increase, but this is assuming I won't be affected by the family element of the housing benefit being abolished from 1st May.

I guess what I really need to know, is if I put my new claim through in April, will I avoid the abolishment of the family element in housing benefit?

I am also wondering if I should really trust in what these calculators say and cancel my vouchers or keep them going until I have put the claims through and got confirmation on my entitlements.

I'm not fully up to speed with the benefits system but we do have team members who are, one will be along shortly to advise further. I wouldnt want to give you incorrect info.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

From what I read of the rules, you will be entitled to the Family Premium as long as you claim HB (and your entitlement to it begins) on or before 30th April 2016. Since the FP is paid to families with any number of dependent children, and you already have a 2.5 year old, the date of birth of your new baby will not make a difference directly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.