Lowell chasing old additions account

Doingmybest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

Started getting texts, emails and letters from Lowell for an old Additions account.

I had already SAR'd Barclays and have the paperwork. It seems the last credit to the account was around 2004.

Should be statute barred except I've been making token payments until 2014. :oops:

There is nothing on my credit files. I know that Lowells have a tendency to add defaults well after the fact so I'm keeping an eye out and will act to get it removed if they do.

Reading other posts I know that the clock kept running due to the token payments so not SB. However I'm not sure if Lowells have that info and are just chancing their arm.

I'm tempted to send a prove it letter to get them off my back. Not sure whether to do that or just ignore them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Personally I wouldn't get involved in any letter tennis at this stage wait until you get something that looks like a Letter Before Claim and then CCA them. There will also be a lot of late payment and default charges on the account that you could go after.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi DMB,

As you rightly say, the token payments made up to 2014 mean the a/c is far from Statute Barred.

However, I hope the a/c is no longer showing on your CRA files as it should have dropped off long ago. Is this the case ?

Reclaiming default charges may be difficult as this is a bank current a/c.

However, you may be able to reclaim Add'ns Fees if the a/c was upgraded to Add'ns without your knowledge or consent.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Apologies - I had missed the 'Barclays' word and believed this to be an Additions catalogue account.

Please disregard my post

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Ok, let us know if the SAR shows up anything.

Do you accept that you knew the Additions status of the a/c and that it was upgraded WITH your knowledge.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)