Swift Sterling wont respond to my complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The FOS can't do anything with Swift Sterling / Pounds Till Payday, unless your loan was taken out this year.

I spent a couple of weeks asking for my info from Northway Financial and got no response,

i went through my bank account and worked it all out myself.

Sent them a complaint and still had no response.

I then forwarded the complaint to the Malta FSA who responded a couple of days later to ask if I'd given Northway 8 weeks to respond.

I forwarded her all the emails I sent to Northway's complaints department

(including those from a year ago when they temp stopped lending, where I was practically begging them to sort their systems out as I had no money at all. Her response was she would hold the complaint until 8 weeks were up.

If i'm honest I wouldn't fancy anyones chances of getting anthing out of Northway.

I worked out since Dec 2010 I'd borrowed £43k and paid back £56k!!

Add another few thousand before then as I was borrowing since 2008 then that is a lot of money.

any ideas as FOS cant do anything....... can they?

they sent me a summary of my account and thats the only contact ive had off them.

How have you made your complaint - in writing to their Head/Registered office ?

Have you sent a Subject Access Request ? If not, then that might be worth doing - they have 40 calendar days to respond, after which time you can then escalate yoru complaint to the Information Commissioner - or even take legal action against the company yourself to force them to comply.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request-**Updated-January-2015**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

What exactly is the nature of your complaint - if you have made it in writing and headed your letter FORMAL COMPLAINT, then again, they are obliged to comply within 8 weeks - if they dont, then yes - you can escalate to the Financial Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

Forgive me if I seem a bit dumb but Swift Sterling are a UK company, registered with the FCA so I cannot see why the FOS cannot get involved with any complaint

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

They have only been a UK based business since Dec 2015.

Before that they were based out of Malta.

I think the new company have just bought the websites and names, or its a way for Northway Financial (who did own them) to keep a license to operate in the UK.

The FOS have said they can not investigate Pounds Till Payday or Swift Sterling for anything before December.

You have to go to the Malta FSA

i sent an email 1st requesting a summary of my accounts, which they emailed to me......... then i put in a complaint for irresponsible lending via there customer care email.... and have heard nothing.

is this the correct address if i send a complaint via post?

2) In writing:

Please write to us at:

MMP Financial Limited

SwiftSterling.co.uk

Forward Building

46 Windsor Road

Slough, Berkshire

SL1 2EJ

or are they still northway finance?

I believe the response you'll get will be "nothing to do with us" I've seen that response on other forums, people who have took it to the FOS have had a "nothing we can do, you need to complain to Malta FSA" If you want to complain about Swift Sterling i'd send a letter to:

Head Office Malta

Northway Group.

Level 5, Plaza Commercial Center

Bisazza Street

Sliema SLM 1640

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, not hijacking your thread, but I have this problem with pounds till payday.

They have not acknowledged or even responded to my complaint either.

I have followed their complaints procedure and its now 8 weeks.

Although the FOS will not look into the original complaint,

I'm wondering if they would look into the complaint that they are 'not following their own complaints procedure' now that they are registered?

Surely they should respond even if its a big 'NO'?

First letter to halifax sent rec del 26/4

Data Protection Act letter to capital one sent rec del 26/4

Halifax 1st offer dated 5/5

Capital One ack Data Protection Act request rec 6/5

Request for repayment to Capital One 2/8

LBA sent 22/8

Court proceedings issued 13/10

Settled in Full 9/11

Donation made 14/11

• 3 weeks later...

burke, I would just get a complaint into the Malta FSA.

By the sounds of things there is only one person in their complaints department and she is swamped, but at least it will get the ball rolling.

Northway only replied after I messaged the Mata FSA.

There is something funny going on there as they keep pushing back a response by 2 months.

I don't think they know what they are supposed to do with complaints!!

No problem burke. They actually replied about a week after I contacted the MFSA with a letter that was 4 pages long, 3 of which where my loans over 7 years and a very quick rejection of my complaint as a final response. Sent it straight to Pauline Tonna at the MFSA who asked for 2 months to investigate.

Good luck, this isn't going to be an easy win, if a win at all