style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There will be no "waiting days" since your ESA claim will link to your JSA claim. So you should be paid JSA up to 13/3 and ESA from 14/3 with no time unpaid.

Waiting days apply to new claims where no linking benefit was in payment prior to the start of the claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Bit of advice for the future (should I need it) wanted.

As per the above, I have definitely signed off JSA as of 13/3 and onto ESA 14/3, on 15/3 I cancelled a job search session at the CWP providers offices as I was no longer on JSA and they said they couldn't find a record of it and needed me to attend on 17th early in the morning as they had 'found me a placement'... needless to say I didn't attend.

Well I get the MAN letter today at 5pm (late postman) and I was so mad, its irrelevant to me at this point but firstly my skills are in admin & secretarial and they had mandated me to do litter picking, raking etc etc on their premises, hardly beneficial to getting me suitable experience,

secondly the times were from 7.30 am each morning until 11.30 am, I think this is because they are a) miffed and b) might have found out I reported the name of a placement company to a third party who created some bad PR...

my question is for future ref really, as a single parent of a child that starts school at 9am, can they send me on a placement that early.. I have no transport so would need to leave at 6.30 every day and childcare that early is thin on the ground...

also prior to this MAN notice, and given the time stated on it would require childcare, they made no mention of funding for this childcare should I have HAD to attend if I was on JSA, isn't that sort of thing paid up front or given with a bit more notice than the next day???

Hating them now, no wonder I am always ill, them and WP providers literally made me ill :evil:

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Sounds to me as though they're just doing this on purpose now.

Most certainly!

This warrants a complaint to your local MP on its own.

Even though you're not being forced to attend this slave labour, I would still demand my MP explain why they feel this level of deliberate incompetence is acceptable, after all, it is your MP who is ultimately responsible for the actions of their department.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yep, I think I will, the more I stew over it the more I can't believe how out of order it is, they are just doing it out of spite because they won't get their precious payment, dread to think what will happen if I don't get ESA!! They will probably make me parade around town in ball and chains with a sign saying 'here is useless feckless waste of space unemployed person'.. ooh don't want to say that too loudly, might give Mr Cameron ideas :-))

Get onto Flick Drummond, for all the use she is!, and demand she answers for her departments failings, don't be at all surprised if she ignores you, she's very good at avoiding answering her constituents!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hmm, you are probably right, I won't get my hopes up that she would help, anyone with a husband called Hereward is prob not going to be too sympathetic to the likes of me, one of those 'feckless single mums' as the lovely Daily Mail like to call us (note ... am not feckless)... the MP of my area looks to be Penny Mordaunt, from what I have heard of her, she won't be much better. I actually looked up the payment system of the CWP providers and its all such a bloody con... no wonder they were so keen for me to start this 'placement', which happened to be picking up crap in their grounds, it turns out they get 20% of their total fee if I start with a provider and begin a placement, even if for one day... so thats around £400 apparently, hmm, whats that smell again.....:x

Yes if you're in the north of the city it's Penny Mordaunt, an equally vile specimen, although not as vile as Flick and Donna Kebab! She was another of our corrupt politicians to vote for the £30 cut to ESA, it would be good to let her know just how untenable this governments position is, and her Tory mates.

We totally lucked out when it came to our MP's didn't we!! Mind you, they are all so out of touch with the people they supposedly represent and it seems that all they care about is lining there own pockets, I can't even read about their expenses and stuff without feeling the fury at the injustice of it all making my blood boil!! How is it they can get away with all they take from the taxpayer with seemingly no legal repercussions if they are caught out, whereas we have to practically provide DNA to get a penny these days, from a system we have paid into for years.

Well I get the MAN letter today at 5pm [...] they had mandated me to do litter picking, raking etc etc on their premises, hardly beneficial to getting me suitable experience,

I would be kicking up a stink about this so-called "placement" as I'm pretty sure it would not meet the DWP guidelines. Looking at the relevant document (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/312731/cwp-annex-1.pdf), it would appear to fail most of the tests and does not benefit the community in any way.

A formal complaint to the DWP might be in order.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Yep, I plan to, I am going to contact the JC tomorrow and draft a letter to my MP (though can't imagine she will do much). It is wrong on so many counts, the fact I told them I wasn't on JSA anymore, the notice period given to start placement even if I was, the early start time and my childcare responsibilities, the fact that it is in no way shape or form a match for my skills and would be of no benefit to me... makes me mad just thinking about it. I bet they hate me as they lost out on a nice wad of cash, just a thought, who do you complain to in DWP, is there are specific department or do you go through JC in the first instance.. I am also going to complain to the council as the company is run by them.

who do you complain to in DWP, is there are specific department or do you go through JC in the first instance.. I am also going to complain to the council as the company is run by them.

I would address any specific complaint about a provider to the Third Party Contracts Manager at your local DWP office.

Do I take it that this "placement" is with another body, not the CWP provider ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thanks Mr P... the 'placement' they managed to find me in such a hurry (in the vain hope they could get their payment no doubt) was, according to the MAN1 letter, at the providers premises, doing litter picking, raking, planting and so on. They had tried to send me for an interview for another placement a week beforehand with a local social enterprise but it clashed with the sign on date/time at JC and presumably they were going to give me a new interview/placement info on my jobsearch session on the Tuesday 15/3 but I signed off on the phone the day before and told them Tues morning I would no longer be on CWP ... hence their sudden panic!!