Poor Service - Not paid, solicitors chasing

shroomtec
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased some marine plywood from a merchants for my shed roof last september. It was delivered on a Friday, I put it up over the weekend. On Monday it was warped and useless.

After inspection from their Area Manager and efforts to blame me for the issue, the timber merchant sent new material and finally offered a £100 refund. I had to tear down the new roof and spend another weekend and purchase additional materials to put up the second new roof in as many weeks.

About a month later I finally received a refund for the full amount. Followed the next day by an email request I return the payment less the agreed refund.

I have not received a letter of apology nor a verbal apology from the company nor any other communication. I felt aggrieved and so ignored their requests feeling just deserts had been served.

Now I am receiving letters from Judge & Priestly threatening court proceedings if I do not make the payment plus additional £40 charge and interest accruing at 0.10p per day.

What should I do, this company treated me quite badly with poor materials and poor customer service.

Hi shroomtec

Could you please clarify a few things for use please.

1. What was the full invoice cost of the marine plywood?

2. When you say the roof was this Internal or External of the shed? (I assume its external due to product)

3. When you fitted the marine plywood product (assuming external) did you then continue to protect the product with i.e. shed felt, felt nails, wood nails, paint brushes, felt adhesive etc.?

Could you please list what your out of pocket with and the cost to replace the item.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi,

Full invoice cost of the marine plywood was :-

• Subtotal £425.43 GBP
  • Tax £85.09 GBP
  • Total £510.52 GBP

The roof was external. We got so far as nailing down the roof and then covered it with a raised plastic sheet on Sunday evening to protect from any weather. The only additional costs are nails and labour as I hadn't treated it or lay felt on it.

• Nails £40
  • Circular Saw Blade £40
  • Labour - Me and friends? I bought them beer and food for a bbq.

We're talking about a large roof here so myself and two friends spent all day Saturday and Sunday working on my shed.

It was obvious the marine plywood was defective the next morning as the layers were separating. The timber merchant inspected it and told me I should have treated it immediately. However, after some discussion with their area manager when he also inspected the wood, he conceded that the wood was defective and would replace it.

Regards

Jason