Haven Power - Warrant issued? Face2Face Debt for old bill? Help Please...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Just joined this wonderful place hope I can be of some assistance to others too, here is a problem I am facing.

I recently moved into a properly just before Christmas

I've been sent a bill from Haven power for £4000+

the bill is not in my name, obviously a previous tenant has ran up a bill and left..

. I tried speaking to them on the phone but they are telling me they will access my apartment THIS WEEK

(well their agents face2face) to collect the debt and put a smart meter in...

. I have no account with Haven Power and also, just renting the space from the lease holder.

..I have a young baby and I'm rather worried about what my rights are here..

I sent a letter to tell them this, via recorded delivery,

they have responded with some legal documents saying it doesnt matter if I'm not the person who owes them money,

they will still access the property...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan and welcome to CAG

What type of property is this ? Did you take a meter reading when you moved in?

Haven Power was launched in 2006 and supplies electricity to small-to-medium sized businesses only

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Alan and welcome to CAG

What type of property is this ? Did you take a meter reading when you moved in?

Haven Power was launched in 2006 and supplies electricity to small-to-medium sized businesses only

Regards

Andy

Interesting, its a converted industrial unit... I pay council tax.... but it used to be a works unit, like most of the units on the site..

I did take one yes.

Thanks Andy!

addressed to 'The Occupier' headed 'Warrant Notice Letter' ??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Interesting, its a converted industrial unit... I pay council tax.... but it used to be a works unit, like most of the units on the site..

I did take one yes.

Thanks Andy!

Pass it to your Landlord then..he will know the previous Tenant...its not your concern.I assume you have made alternative arrangements for your power supplier now?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If it's a converted industrial unit then they've probably not updated their records appropriately (poor excuse I know)

The best thing you could do here is show them a copy of your council tax bill and a copy of your tenancy agreement. If their license means they can only supply business customers then they will have to let you move supplier anyway.

Also as you have a young child they cannot disconnect your supply - if it was a domestic supply AND your debt then most suppliers would look to put in a prepayment meter.

Make sure you're around when they're due to turn up on the warrant visit