Bed Mattress From Bensons for Beds

pokrani
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We bought a 135cm Mattress Alexandria Ortho from Bensons for Beds last year online

and received the bed on 25th of September.

We pay £449.99 and the invoice number is ******.

after a month both my wife and myself start having back pain.

My wife was even worse as her neck was very stiff every morning.

I have contacted Beds for Bensons customer service in January this year.

I made a complain.

I was told that someone will contact me after taking my details.

Nothing happened.

I made a second call and this time I was asked to email photos of the mattress and the corners.

Still I had to contact the customer service again after which a technician was booked to come and see the mattress.

Meanwhile some red pigment like a bruise has appeared on the corners.

After the technician visit we were told that we would be contacted at the end of the week.

I knew no one would contact us.

i phone the customer services again after a week was gone.

I was told that the report says that there is no issue with the mattress

and that the "bruise" was caused externally.

I was told it's only a question of comfort.

I told the agent I don't agree as we are both suffering from back pain every morning.

She told me to book for a second technician which I'll have to phone the mattress company and pay myself.

All we want is to have the mattress exchange or a refund for the mattress.

here are some threads with a few ideas.

you'll find them very difficult to deal with

[as you are already!]

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=Bensons+for+Beds&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Bensons%20for%20Beds&gsc.page=1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am utterly amazed this outfit is still in business! They are one of the most incompetent and abysmal companies I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

If you can get your money back from them then do so, and advise all of your friends and family, to steer well clear of this outfit.

Lodge a complaint with your local Trading standards too, if for nothing else, it will add to the pile and hopefully put them out of business sooner rather than later.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

At the end of September I paid £500 for a mattress at the St Helens branch of Bensons for Beds. Later that night I researched the mattress online and the reviews were terrible. Bensons said I could change to another which I did the next day, paying an extra £200.

Within three weeks, it started sagging. Bensons said it would send a Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) technician to look at it. He appeared to confirm it was dipping below its tolerance.

I recorded our entire conversation. I told him I had two slipped discs from an accident years earlier and chose this mattress with great care, thinking if I paid more it would be a good, long-lasting mattress.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/dec/01/bensons-beds-faulty-refund-fira

That's not what we have experienced. As with all things they are great until there is a problem.

As a point of interest are we the only people in the UK that didn't know that a pocket sprung mattress wont bend?

Sorry, that's not helping OP

As a point of interest are we the only people in the UK that didn't know that a pocket sprung mattress wont bend?

Not now you've told me, no! Had no idea... :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!