style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,i currently work as a carer in a private nursing home.I am on minimum wage.we have been told we have a meeting at work to discuss ways that our company will be able to afford the new minimum wage.

They are talking of cutting our working hours from 7 hours to 6 hours daily.This will then stop us from having a break.Our holiday entiltement will be less.We will lose an hours pay each day.

Can they do this ?

Can it be fair that we are being made to pay for the rise in minimum pay rising to £7.20 by our hours being changed.

I have worked there for 4.5 years and work 28 hours a week and have a contract.

Thankyou

Debbie

I think this is going to be an issue with many of the low paid workers.

I am sure others who know more about this issue will have some answers for you, but I personally don't think it is fair :(

It would be interesting to know if they are going to put up their fees to the residents ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Please let us know what is said at the meeting.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The post two above is one reason I am fighting hard not to move to accommodation that has carers and or similar. It's a disgrace that homes operating manner get away with it. They need reporting...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

In doing waht they are suggesting they are altering a couple of the core conditions of your contract. Effectively they are saying that your old position is now redundant so one plan would to be to tell them that if you dont stay on your 28 hour week then you will take the redundancy packageas you cannot stay on your existing contract due to statutory changes. If everyone was to do the same they would be absolutely stuffed as the cost of paying off one person may be bearable the hassle of replacing everyone will be unbearable.

Thuis is where unions membership is a good thing

In doing waht they are suggesting they are altering a couple of the core conditions of your contract. Effectively they are saying that your old position is now redundant so one plan would to be to tell them that if you dont stay on your 28 hour week then you will take the redundancy packageas you cannot stay on your existing contract due to statutory changes. If everyone was to do the same they would be absolutely stuffed as the cost of paying off one person may be bearable the hassle of replacing everyone will be unbearable.

Thuis is where unions membership is a good thing

While I agree in principle and like the idea , I have seen on too many occasions people going against what they agreed and leaving people hanging. Another thing to bear in mind, it is all well and good saying that if you are say, near retirement or are wanting to leave/don't 'need' the money that you will stand your ground but sometimes you have to be pragmatic

I do not like saying it as personally I want to lead the revolution but....

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

aye, we all have self preservation in mind but sometimes letting people know you have a big stick even if you havent or dont intend to use it can be an advantage. The hardest thing is getting everyone to agree to a principle. The usual management tactic is to ask each person individually and then they get waht they want agreed, even if that agreement is initially only with one person.