ESA sick note issues

mattcanary
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, I have phoned the DWP to put in my claim for ESA (on 11 February).

I obtained a fit note from my GP for the period 11 February until 11 March. I sent the fit note to the DWP and received a text to confirm they had received it on 17 February at 17.54.

However, today I received a letter in the post dated 17 February, stating I need to get a new fit note if I continue to wish to claim ESA, as the one I sent to them ran out on 18 February. This letter was sent second-class, so hardly much time for me to act upon the information - I only received it today!

Anyway, I'm assuming this letter and their acting upon my GP's fit note crossed, so I don't need to do anything? Is this a standard letter that gets sent out by the DWP (I know that you can self-certify your condition for the first seven days of the claim). I think the letter is very badly worded as it suggests I have already sent them a fit note, even though they don't seem to have dealt with it until the end of the day on 17 February (and their letter was sent to me dated the same day).

I tried phoning them this morning to clarify the situation, but there was an automated message saying they couldn't answer my call and to try later. Should I try phoning them again on Monday?

Thanks

I am guessing that they have crossed but just to make sure give them a call on Monday morning

I never like to assume anything with DWP

It sounds like you self certificated for the first week

Also I think the letter was probably in the system to be printed before they processed you fit note

However still give them a call

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .