The European Union.....In or Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The future looks wonderful.

I really dont know.

The Germans have managed their money and their industries far better than we have.

If the controllers of the markets really do rule the government - it might be an improvement if they look after their new 'interests' (as our companies, stocks and shares would then be) as well as they have their old ones.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

That the London stock exchange could well end up run by the EU financiers, from within the EU, whether we leave or not ....

So what's the problem? Are you against free market?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Why is the government spending millions of tax payers money on telling the public it thinks we are better off inside the EU, I mean this cant be right can it ?..

https://fullfact.org/europe/whos-getting-taxpayers-money-eu-referendum/

Next week every household in the country will receive a leaflet from the government setting out its case for why it thinks the UK should remain an EU member. This will cost over £9 million of public money (including £3 million in digital promotion), according to the government.

Leave campaigners object to this, saying it’s a misuse of public funds and that they won’t be able to get as much during the actual campaign period.

It’s correct that the two official campaigns will get some public money in direct grants and publicly funded benefits such as a free mail out across the country. This is likely to amount to millions, but it’s not clear exactly how much. It shouldn’t be confused with the £7 million spending limit each will have which is money they have to raise themselves.

I haven't received the government mailshot yet - but did receive one today that appears to be for the Out group It does say at the end that People need to weigh up the pros and cons for themselves - which might be difficult when apparently large pro European - firms are sending memos to their staff advising that jobs could be lost if we leave the EU ?

I don't seem to be able to upload the document but have listed the points below.

Uk joined the EU in 1973 - Back then it was known as the Common Market- But over the past 43 years, the EU has taken control over more and more areas which don't have anything to do with trade. Such as our borders, public services and whether prisoners have the right to vote.

When we joined, there were just 9 member states. Now there are 28 - the most recent being Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia. Five more countries are being considered for membership. Albania, Macedonia Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. If they are let in, they will have the same rights as other member states.

More than half of net migration to the UK comes from the EU. More tan a quarter of a million people cam to the UK from the E in the 12 months to September 2015. The equivalent of a city the size of Plymouth or Newcastle in just one year.

While we're in the EU the UK cant make trade deals on our own. This means we have no trade deals with key allies such as Australia, New Zealand or the USA or more important growing economies like India, China or Brazil. Instead of making a deal which is best for the UK, we have to wait for 27 other countries to agree to it.

The EU costs us £350 million a week. That is enough to build a new NHS hospital every week of the year. We get less than half of this money back and we have no control over the way it is spent. That is decided by politicians and officials in Brussels rather than the people we elect here in the UK.

You don't have to be a member of the EU to trade with it. Switzerland is not in the EU and it exports more per person to the EU than we do. The big banks and multinationals might be lobbying to keep us in the EU but small and medium sized businesses feel differently. Only 6 per cent of UK firms export to the EU, yet all have to abide by EU regulations on their business.

EU law overrules UK law. This stops the British Public from being able to vote out the politicians who make our laws. EU judges have already over ruled British laws on issues like counter terrorism powers, immigration, VAG and prisoner voting. Even the Governments proposed new deal can be overturned after the referendum: it is not legally binding.

There are risks in voting either way. Experts and politicians and businesses are divided. People have to weigh up the risks and potential benefits of each of course of action for themselves.

http://www.eureferendumfacts.org

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

me, it came yesterday and is now in the recycling bag!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

well this dragon was going burn it , I did flick through it! I will throw it in the cave along with all the politicians I have in there xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Nine million pounds or so of tax payers money to convince us to stay..

And printed in Germany...go figure:-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Who's got their leaflet from the government telling the public we would be better off in the EU..

And Barak Obama will be coming to London to reinforce the dire problems we will bring upon ourselves if we leave ? Erm, do we send emissaries to the USA to tell them how to vote on critical issues ?

I generally look for independent news sources and look for facts, not the made up stuff you get from both sides.

From what i can see, if immigration and population size is important to you, since the EU referendum was called, there has been an increase in migration. Given that it will take about 5 years minimum for UK to leave the EU, i would expect millions more to come to the UK. Many will apply for UK citizenship, so they have rights to live and work in the UK, so they are not affected by withdrawal of EU freedom of movement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36029703

If you are unhappy about immigration and rise in population, you should think carefully about whether Brexit would actually help. Most people think that UK after Brexit would still have to accept some freedom of movement from the EU, as part of staying in a free market. Just look around the area where you live and see how many companies are owned by a French, German, Italian, Spanish etc companies. There are a large number of companies that operate across the EU, with employees moving between the different sites.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

me, it came yesterday and is now in the recycling bag!

Rather than put it in the bin you should send it back if everybody did this they would not be able to move around in 10 Downing street, for leaflets.

Got this out of the paper this morning:-

The suggestion is putting your EU leaflet in an envelope and addressing it to a Freepost

address used by Conservative Party fundraisers for their fat-cat donors.

This means that the Royal mail is paid by the recipient.

Some people may say this is a little hard on the poor old Tory Party. Well, it is their ruddy

leader who has sent out this leaflet. Let them have it out with him.

This is the address to sent it to:-

Joanna George, Freepost RSBB-XRZT-ZTXE, The Conservative Party Foundation,

30 Millbank , London SW1P 4DP.

You could even enclose a note saying what you think of his leaflet.

I think that's brilliant, so I have been going round the people in my area collecting their

leaflets and sending them back, one by one.

Edited by buckthorn
add

Got this out of the paper this morning:-

The suggestion is putting your EU leaflet in an envelope and addressing it to a Freepost

address used by Conservative Party fundraisers for their fat-cat donors.

This means that the Royal mail is paid by the recipient.

Some people may say this is a little hard on the poor old Tory Party. Well, it is their ruddy

leader who has sent out this leaflet. Let them have it out with him.

This is the address to sent it to:-

Joanna George, Freepost RSBB-XRZT-ZTXE, The Conservative Party Foundation,

30 Millbank , London SW1P 4DP.

You could even enclose a note saying what you think of his leaflet.

I think that's brilliant, so I have been going round the people in my area collecting their

leaflets and sending them back, one by one.

I thought this was a brilliant idea and have just popped ours into the letter box :)

He didn't look too comfortable though did he, Ford ? I rather suspect he is worried about something he has said about Europe in the past coming back to haunt him ?

Did you notice those manning the "IN" campaign phones are those with the most to lose if we exit.. The Kinnock family for instance :lol:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks