style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So sorry CD that's awful for you...

As its now 4 hours later, if it continues to happen, are you able to bang on the ceiling loudly with a broomstick or something,? If not would you be able to try speaking to them?

I did years ago live on the 11th floor in a tower block in Bow. The noise that we lived through from up above/below was horrendous. From screaming kids, adults rowing at all hours, music, TV blaring & literally every banging noise you could name. It drove me nuts!!

The nights are the worse as you simply can't sleep through any off it at all. I did used to bang on the ceiling/floor with me broom or a sauce pan. That did the trick for a while. But one time upstairs sounded like they were going to kill each other, so I called the Police. Talk about it all going quiet! I lasted 10 months before getting out of there.

If none of my suggestions help, you can also try contacting your local Council & asking if they can help.

I do hope you manage to get some sleep. Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Its gone 3am in the morning and all I am hearing is banging from up stairs, a telly seems to be on, well it could be a computer console game, a load of running around, a child in the background. Its just too much. Help..

one thing i would suggest it get a notebook and make a note of all the times it happens , this will help you if you need to take it further . is the person upstairs approachable you could try mentioning it in passing

If this becomes a regular issue with children up at 3am and you are concerned about issues of safety in the neighbours property, you could report to council Social Services. Nobody likes involving Social Services, but if this becomes a regular event, it might indicate there is a problem. I would hate to find out something awful had been happening, when i could have reported it.

On the other hand, this might be a one off situation, where the family were up early because they were leaving to go on holiday.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is a bug going round small children at the moment. One of my nieces was up at 2am with my 4 years old great nephew as he was sick.

I agree that if it goes on then you do need to report it - why not report it to the housing association as they could do something about it.

when i had problems with noise the council asked me to keep a diary of all noise and they also loaned me recording equipment , you could maybe contact enviromental health? I had constant Michael Buble blasted out all day every day, hence why I now can not stand the guy lol

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I moved in to a new estate last year, I was truely expecting loud music and other noise, but it's actually very quiet. the people that live around my flat are quiet. In fact, there is no noise at all on Friday and Saturday nights, I think I got lucky. I used to live in a maisonette with a nurse above us who had very loud sex. Even once on a Thursday night she seemed to have a brass band party.