DLA Question

tezza1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, Quick question. we have just been awarded DLA for our son, the only reason I know this is because I have just checked and received a payment in to bank account, now I am trying to work out at which levels and I can't, the maths does not add up, now I know I will get a letter explaining all eventually, but im a 'I want to know now' sort of person, hence my question to you lovely folks.

So the DWP received our application on exactly 1st February and the date of payment for this money in to account is 12th February and the amount is £165.30, now I know this should be a backdated amount as 'normal' DLA payments are paid on a Tuesday or Wednesday every 4 weeks, but the amount seems odd to me and I can't make match with a combination of any of the levels, unless my math is bad, which is more than likely lol.

Yeah. I believe DLA is paid two weeks in arrears and two weeks in advance. So the payment will cover the period from the first date of entitlement (which is probably the day you signed the claim form, assuming the condition claimed for predates the claim date by more than three months) up until the payment date, then two further weeks. I do not know how DLA payment dates are determined.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It looks like it is the middle rate of DLA(care)

3 weeks @ £55.10 per week = £165.30

I don't think that works though because from what I have read it is paid from date dla receive the forms until first initial payment, so in this case 11 or 12 days, depending on how you look at it and then every 4 weeks on a Tuesday or Wednesday regularly 4 weeks in arrears. Guess ill just have to wait for letter to arrive lol.

Don't forget there is a qualifying period to take into account also....

Not for us as we didn't call to get the forms, I picked one up at local offices and sent in, anyways, have phoned up and turns out have been awarded MRC