Natwest overlimit fee refund

acrichards
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just as a bit of encouragement for all Natwest credit card customers, this afternoon I called the call centre and requested a refund of an overlimit fee. (I was encouraged by my efforts to get a refund of £350 from Smile bank and thought 'why the hell not go for the whole lot???') I know it is only £18 but every bit helps!

The call centre worker said a point blank no at first, saying thats what I agreed to in my t's and c's, but after I quoted what I had put in the letters written to Smile from this website, he gave in and offered to refund the £18 as a 'gesture of goodwill' only since I was a good customer, and not an admission of any wrong doing on the banks part, and if I was a bad customer he would certainly not be authorising the refund (by 'bad customer' I assume he means the other unfortunate people attempting to get back more than a measly £18)

Comedy thought: He also advised me that 'quoting these laws' were not the best way to get a refund, to which I asked him to tell me what he considered the best way???!!

competitor? I have a NatWest MasterCard...That'd make them syndicated allies, surely?

Anyhow, I have to agree, how else are people going to get refunds except by quoting chapter and verse how NatWest and other banks are thoroughly in the wrong? Well done on getting the money back anyway. Nice to know someone, somehwere is enjoying a little success in forcing Natwest to give back what they;ve taken.

DPA Letter received by NatWest 11/04/2006

DPA Request expires 21/05/2006

Statements received 15/05/2006

LBA sent 15/05/2006

If you find me vaguely coherent, click the scales.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks