Unfair treatment -barclays bank

Rasan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all I wonder if anyone can be of assistance, My sister and I tried to purchase airlines ticket to go on a holiday with our families .

Although we had confirmed the booking with British Airways and were assured by them of the genuineness of the booking and the ABTA number, we thought we would check with Barclays Bank before transferring the money to the travel agent's Barclays Bank account since he would not accept credit or debit card for the promotional offer.

The transfer to the Barclays bank account was the other alternative.

I was with my sister when she called Barclays Bank and she was assured that should the account holder not provide the service Barclays Bank would certainly recall or refund the money.

Based on the assurances given, my sister and I went ahead and transferred the money to the Barclays Bank account only to be told later on by Barcalys that the account was being used for fraudulent transactions.

My sister transferred her money from a Barclays account and even though I am a customer of Barclays Bank I transferred my money from A Nat West account ; to the same account and on the same day. I transferred my money at 11:38am and my sister at 11:59.

Based on the wrong information provided by Barclays Bank to my sister, they decided to refund my sister's money to her but will not refund mine because i am not a customer and did not transfer the money from Barclays Bank.

My sister has called the bank to inform that the wrong information they provided led her brother to also transfer the money from Nat West and is unfair to refund hers and not refund her brothers'.

I AM ON A TIPPING POINT NOW.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

After you moved it, I lost all my text :p

Anyhow Welcome to CAG Rasan, Good to have you here.

So With the above, I believe that you have a good case to go against Barclays. Did you record the call?

If not Barclays should have it recorded somewhere,.

Worthy of a CEO complaint IMHO

How much was it for?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Your problem is with Barclays Bank ....not Nat West?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Your problem is with Barclays Bank ....not Nat West?

Rasan... Have you spoken to NAtwest about recovering funds as well?

Also could you answer the below?

Was the bank aware that it was talking to both of You?

Was it made clear to the bank that you would be sourcing the money from a Natwest account and not from your Barclays account?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I spoke to Nat West to recover funds but I was told by my Nat West Rep that Barclays that Barclays had advised her they would deal with me directly. It was based on the assurance Barclays provided to my sister of a refund if the services was not provided that i transferred the money because it was going into the same account, and the same bank. My sister called Barclays bank to advise them them that the information they provided was given to her brother and led him to transfer the money.

Hi Rasan,

You need to get something down in writing to the bank(s) asap. I think you personally have no relationship with Barclays in this matter and your complaint must be with Nat West. They, in turn, will contact Barclays to discuss the matter and decide who should make any refund.

Stay OFF the phone unless you are recording all conversations.

1. When did you pay the money to the "travel agent".

2. When did YS learn that the a/c was being used fraudulently.

3. Did you check with ABTA about the travel agent's status with them.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)