Consumer come-back rights from being given bad advice? NOW SANCTIONED

jonnietemple
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Forgive me if I seem a bit angry but I used to be a member here asking for advice on how to avoid a sanction from my JSA signing.

I got what I thought was great advice at the time.

I implemented that advice.

I got sanctioned.

Is there any way I can sue CAG for giving bad advice?

Reading around the threads now with the "benefit" of hindsight, It seems that most site team and contributors are actually on ESA and divorced from reality and the world of work. If I'd realized this I wouldn't have followed their advice.

I'm now left without money for 3 months.

Thanks a lot.

Do I have any recourse for suing you people?

I guess if you actually knew what you were talking about then you wouldn't actually be on benefits to start with.

My bad then. But you've really ****ed me over.

Who can I sue for bad advice please?

Well I'm sorry that you think that you have been so badly misled here.

Maybe you could point us to the thread where you received this bad advice and we could understand what has gone wrong.

As far as suing us, I don't think that there is anything that you can do. We make it very clear all over the forum that no one claims to be legally qualified here, we simply try to offer support and advice based on people's individual experience and we make it very clear that if you have any doubts then you should consult an insured professional – which we are not.

If you think that you want to take it up more formally than that, then you can email us on our admin email address – but as you can imagine we are unlikely to be very receptive to the idea of being sued by anybody.

We simply do our best.

Why don't you let us know little bit about the problem or point us to the thread

No but you Nystagmite, a professional player of the system to get every penny you think you are entitled to for a variety of self-diagnosed "conditions" should have known better

Please don't start flaming the forum and being disruptive. It won't help anybody.

Why don't you let us know what has happened. We may not be able to help but at least we can examine the mistakes that you say we have made.

Please don't put me in a position where I have to put you on moderation

Perhaps you could let us know, under what name you previously posted, so we can see what advice was given ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Lots of people on benefits get sanctioned for the most mundane, lame reasons.......even when you wave a download of current law in a JC,s face to prove you are in the right you can still be sanctioned.

The good thing is everybody has the right of appeal 'within a set timescale'. Instead of complaining, get your skates on and appeal.

Sorry.

I've had a chance to cool off now.

I'm man enough to say when I'm wrong, so I apologise for ranting.

I realise people post here for the best intentions to help.

It just seems that certain posters are waging an ideological war against the fact they have to jump through ANY hoops to get free money from the tax-payers.

They seem so arrogant and dismissive of anyone who works for DWP.

They seem to feel they have a god-given right to tax-payers money.

They seem so intelligent but ultimately can't get a job themselves (by their own admission because they too are on ESA/JSA) yet seem to dish out advice as if they are Lording it over us Workoholics who haven't lapsed yet.

Such intelligence matched with such a lack of self-awareness I find really problematic.

But it's not for me to diagnose personality disorders, so I will limit myself to say I'm sorry BankFodder. I was out of order. I will think before posting again. Sorry.

Sorry.

I've had a chance to cool off now.

I'm man enough to say when I'm wrong, so I apologise for ranting.

I realise people post here for the best intentions to help.

It just seems that certain posters are waging an ideological war against the fact they have to jump through ANY hoops to get free money from the tax-payers.

They seem so arrogant and dismissive of anyone who works for DWP.

They seem to feel they have a god-given right to tax-payers money.

They seem so intelligent but ultimately can't get a job themselves (by their own admission because they too are on ESA/JSA) yet seem to dish out advice as if they are Lording it over us Workoholics who haven't lapsed yet.

Such intelligence matched with such a lack of self-awareness I find really problematic.

But it's not for me to diagnose personality disorders, so I will limit myself to say I'm sorry BankFodder. I was out of order. I will think before posting again. Sorry.

I've removed the moderation.

I realise that it must be very distressing to be in your position.

I'm sorry.

Having read this today it may have helped you if this story had been available to you when you originally posted your question, as the answer's in this story and may have given you a different perspective on your question that link is here >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pay-back.html

or this one https://tinyurl.com/d9zyexh

It has also been posted on your other thread as well to assist other readers and posters...

As you may not be aware many regular posters have a signature and some state this is advice/opinion check out the advice before taking it or similar.. here is just one example

Advice & opinions given by ******** are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You could also read up on this too >> https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/benefit-sanctions-and-what-to-do-about-them

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.