Leeds Trinity University

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Son is at Leeds Trinity , he lives on site they have TPS covering their car parks, he has received parking the charge advice please. He has to put a ticket on at 8am on a Monday for the Week they charge him £10 a week to park, he didnt get up in time.Ticket has come to my house as this is the registered address for his car. Will this go to debt collection agency thks

Edited by jessieboo
didnt show all my post

Hi and welcome to CAG

Your post is a little disjointed so could you lay out whether:

a) He got a windscreen ticket?

b) it was an automated number plate recognition (ANPR)

c) date of 'infringement

d) date of letter

Once we have this we can advise better.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

My thoughts are that as he had bought a weekly ticket (although not displayed it) this takes supremacy over a parking charge.

I think a soft appeal to TPS is in order but don't name the driver. They will reject you as nearly every company does but they must give you a POPLA code to take it to an independant appeal. this is where you lay out your full case.

As for debt collectors, yes, they can become involved but no need to fear them. They have as much power as I do. None. they won't come knocking, only communicate by letter.

What we could do with is a redacted copy of the letter. If you have a scanner, this is easy to do.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

ok thank you i dont have a scanner so will send an appeal and get the popla number am writing to University as well as think it is a total rip off, he has offered to pay up front for a month or more at a time but they said he cant do that.

But they have now issued permits to their teachers and say on their website if you are a temporary visitor or regular visitor you can have a permit but obviously not if you live there !. They are expecting students to get up at 8am on a Monday like thats going to happen! , they clearly make a lot of money out this, thanks for your help,

Edited by jessieboo
didnt put it all on

Hi

Son is at Leeds Trinity , he lives on site they have TPS covering their car parks, he has received parking the charge advice please. He has to put a ticket on at 8am on a Monday for the Week they charge him £10 a week to park, he didnt get up in time.Ticket has come to my house as this is the registered address for his car. Will this go to debt collection agency thks

Well he should be paying £9.50 a week?

http://www.leedstrinity.ac.uk/about-us/visit-us/car-parking

ok thank you i dont have a scanner so will send an appeal and get the popla number am writing to University as well as think it is a total rip off, he has offered to pay up front for a month or more at a time but they said he cant do that.

But they have now issued permits to their teachers and say on their website if you are a temporary visitor or regular visitor you can have a permit but obviously not if you live there !. They are expecting students to get up at 8am on a Monday like thats going to happen! , they clearly make a lot of money out this, thanks for your help,

Before you appeal, does the NTK mention Schedule 4of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012?

Hi

yes my mistake he is paying £9.50 and the letter does mention the Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 does this make a difference thks

Well as we can't see the NTK, we will have to have an informed guess that the NTK is not compliant with schedule 4 of the POFA 2012, so therefore there is no keeper liability.

The appeal from the RK is simply that....

The appeal is from the RK , as they have received the invoice, with no mention of the driver.