Credit Resolution Services - exercise 4 less

Davidwyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I recently received a letter from Credit Resolution Services regarding my membership at exercise 4 less . Think you know how it goes:

"We'eve been employed by exercise 4 less as your membership remains in arrears despite previous letters being sent to you.

As a result of this, our fees totalling £102.50 has been added. Therefore, your account balance now stands at £207.47.

WE WANT TO REACH AN AMICABLE RESOLUTION WITH YOU

In order that we can do this, please ring our non-premium rate number - 01444 449165"

I joined the gym about 2 years ago on a 12 month contract, assuming my contract had run out, I simply joined a different gym chain, which I am now paying for.

Despite what's in the letter they sent me, I had not received any sort of letter before today regarding my gym membership, I haven't even heard of Credit Resolution Services before.

What is the best course of action? I've only just received the letter so have not contacted the gym or CRS yet. I may send an email to exercise 4 less asking for a breakdown of my monthly payments.

Thanks.

The gym probably has a rolling contract term buried in the T & Cs, and you would have to follow the procedure laid down to cancel, however I don't think their fees would stand up if they did court, depends again on T & Cs.

Others more knowledgeable will be along soon.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

moved to the gym forum

have a read here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DW,

CRS are the supposedly separate DCA that act on Harlands behalf but they're really Harlands, wearing a different hat at the adjacent desk.

What gym is this about ?

You need to write to Harlands (not CRS), saying :-

Dear Harlands,

I refer to my membership at [gym in [town/city]l.

I joined on 12 month agreement in about 2 years ago and paid the full 12 months. I cancelled my DD mandate so no further DD would be taken after I joined a new gym. This was adequate notice of intent to cancel.

However, I now realise I should have given Harlands or the gym a month's notice before cancelling the DD. I now offer to pay one final month's fee of £[xx.xx] to end this matter. I will not pay any admin fees added by Harlands/CRS.

Before I pay, I need you to confirm in writing that my payment will be accepted in settlement of all that I owe.

My offer is valid for 14 days and, if you make demands for any higher amount, I will pay you nothing.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

Send it to Harlands by post and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO, so you have proof of posting.

:-)

Edited by slick132
colour of draft

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Yup, that's the one

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

you always ignore anything other than letters

you read those andshredthem

or use as bog paper

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

***UPDATE***

So I've finally received a written reply for CRS

If you want the full details I can write out the letter, but it goes along the lines of:

1. We are disappointed your account with exercise4less is still in arrears

2. If I fail to respond they will take: 1. legal action 2. Outsource to external agents

3. Demanding me to call 01444 449165 to arrange a payment

=============================================

Shall I just have it our with them on the phone? I've already written a letter to them, although they have not addressed my letter in the letter I've received from them .

I'd obviously rather not take this to court. I really would love to know where they got this £207 from, my contract had run out.

course of action? another written reply?

cheers, David

read the letter properly it does not say WILL anything.

no you don't phone them.

and they

Hi DW,

That does NOT look like a reply to your letter at all. Looks more like a generic demand that CRS use all the time. Also, Harlands/CRS don't normally reply that quickly, if indeed they reply at all to a letter.

Does their letter say anything like, "We refer to your letter dated xxth January.

Should you phone them ? Of course not !! Speaking to them will get you absolutely nowhere.

Ignore this letter completely for now and rest assured, they are not going to take court action.

Please read other threads and you'll see hundreds of recent Harlands/CRS cases, not ONE of which involves court action.