New insurers refusing to acknowledge my no claims discount

delilah 9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Up until last year I was insured as a driving instructor and had my own car and paid my own insurance and accumulated 6 no claims years from the insurers. I had decided not to continue as an ADI and looked elsewhere for insurance.

I received my NCD and uploaded it to the new insurers who refuse to accept it as it was earned, they say, on a commercial vehicle. I have phoned my previous insurers and they said they have never had a problem like mine, and suggested I give permission for the new insurer to call them.

The insurers I have now have said I can alter my policy on line (have tried with no success)I want to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period and look elsewhere now, for which they will charge me a fee of £25 as the policy began on 2/1/2016 and charge me for the days of insurance on a daily rate. Quote me unhappy !!:-(

Any advice appreciated. The insurers I have are the same Aviva

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would change the policy and then tell then that you are invoking the cooling off period terms and will pay them for the period that they insured you to the exclusion of anyone else and not a penny more so you expect not to be charged the £25 as it is an unfair contractual terms that wasnt specifically brough to your attention when accepting their offer of a contract.

You may have to accept that they will keep the £25 until you make it difficult for them. A complaint to the Insurance Ombudsman will coat them a £75 fee so I cant see them wanting to drag it out that far as long as you let them know that is where it is heading

When I read the terms and conditions it was stated in the policy that a £25 fee would be due if the policy was cancelled during the 14 day cooling off period. I wasn't aware of this until I had paid up front and the documents were then sent to me via email, do I still have grounds to make a complaint?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What are the cancellations costs?

The cancellation fees depend on when you cancel the policy from, and whether the insurance has started when it’s cancelled.

You have a 14 day cooling off period that starts when you buy the policy - if you've chosen to pay by direct debit this is the day that you pay the deposit.

If you cancel your policy within the 14 day cooling off period:

• If your cover hasn't started: We'll give you full refund for the cost of your insurance and any additional cover* you bought.
  • If your cover has started: We'll charge you a cancellation fee of £25.00 (plus Insurance Premium Tax) and charge you for the days of insurance on a daily rate. We'll give you a pro-rata refund of any additional cover* you bought.

I don't think I have grounds to complain as this was sent before the policy was cancelled? My new insurers have accepted my 6 years NCD now, so maybe I will just have to suck this one up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]